Loss of power while idle - Chevy Trailblazer

Hello folks!

We have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer that has started to lose power while idle. This started happening on Sunday. When we stop at a traffic light, the engine revs would start dropping and the car would shiver a bit. It’s a bit worse when the A/C is operating. While the car is running, it performs OK. The Check Engine light turns on and off (blinks).

A thing that I’ve noticed recently is that the car is doing a ‘whiney’ sound recently from the front, high pitched like a vent. I was thinking about the air filter, but I wanted to check on what else would I need to check.

Take the Trailblazer to a good independent mechanic and get the computer codes read. You need to find the problem before the problem gets worse. Playing the guessing game usually winds up costing you money in the long run.

I thought so. I’ll be doing that but it won’t be soon. It is our only car and we have to time it right. I won’t wait until six months or a year passes (LOL!) but it may be a week or two.

Thanks!

There are two modes to the SES light- steady and flashing. Steady means it is an emission problem and you can wait until it’s convenient. Flashing means there is a serious misfire and you should service it immediately or risk serious damage to your engine. Pay now or pay more later…