Looking to buy. Is this too much rust?

Hello!

Looking at an out of state vehicle 105k miles strictly online and with limited experience with these vans can anyone else tell me if these pics would scare you away? As in too much rust? Rest of the vehicle looks fine.

thank you so much!

Pics

deleted :smiley:

Thanks! Although should have been an imgr link. Since I’m new it only let me post one pic. Does the link not show/work?

I clicked on next post and saw the remaining images

Honestly, I wouldn’t be overly concerned about the safety . . .

The only thing that’s a little disappointing is the corrosion on the door hinges and the wheel well, but I still don’t think it affects safety

Just out of curiosity . . . how long would you intend on driving this van?

When you say online, do you mean you won’t inspect the vehicle yourself?

You’ll buy sight unseen . . . ?!

If that’s what you intend, I advise against it

Buy a van locally, one you can inspect with your own eyes, so to speak

1 Like

Going to be on the road with it and tow a travel trailer. Years? No clue. Few at least, hoping much more. E350 V10.

Yes, sight unseen. I would but what I’m looking for is difficult to find, let alone locally.

I can’t stress enough what a bad idea this is

There could be all sorts of bad stuff that you’ll never see, if you don’t inspect before buying

Have you at least considering getting in touch with a mechanic or shop located near the seller, and paying them to inspect the vehicle?

Are there no E350s for sale near you?

Or the ones for sale locally are too expensive, in your opinion?

4 Likes

This is really a bad idea . Just to risky , especially being out of state .

Bad idea to buy it without hands-on first. Is this one of those Craigslist deals?

You didn’t mention year,

Question , didn’t the early Ford (97 - 98) 2 valve V-10’s have a problem with blowing out spark plugs?

Why is this a bad idea? I’m just curious. Is it not designed to pull trailers? I’m partially curious because somebody in the company mentioned pulling a small tractor with a van. Now this isn’t a normal van. I think it’s a 15 passenger. The tires on it are larger than the normal ones, I think, but I don’t know the exact capacity. Anyway, one of my coworkers said that this would wear out of the van if we used it to pull the tractor on a regular basis, but I don’t know if he was correct.

You missed the point. It has nothing to do with it being an E350. The big problem is that you won’t see it in person, drive it, and get it inspected by a mechanic you trust. If it’s worth buying, it is worth seeing in person before plunking down your money.

I agree with jtsanders and the others.
Paying an independent mechanic $100 to do an inspection is very cheap insurance that often proves well worth it.

Too many times when used vehicles are purchased without an inspection, the buyer soon faces expensive transmission or engine repairs, or electrical nightmares from a previously flooded vehicle.

Look at the Carfax website , they seem to have quite a few of these . They move vehicles all over the country and at least you know who you are dealing with.

You guys are awesome! So much love. Just wanted to pop on and let you all know I decided to move in a different direction.

Take care!