Link for the best snow tire discussion ever

Yep, just sharing in your humor. I’ll try and be a little clearer in the future.

As far as winter tires, I’ve never had them except for the old snow tires back in the 60’s when they really were necessary. I’m sure there were times it would have been nice to have them but posi traction, then FWD, and now AWD will be improvements. I’m interested to see how AWD does in the snow this year. It was such a mild winter last year that there really were only two times that it would have been nice and that was just for the first 100 miles and then it was clear. To me it would not only be an extra $1000 per car but the hassle of changing them twice a year and the whole storage hassle. I really wouldn’t want steel wheels myself so that would probably get me closer to the $2000 investment.

I think I need new internet glasses

Mine aren’t doing the job anymore :smirk_cat:

It’s been a long time since I lived anywhere that might justify a set of winter tires, so I can’t really contribute anything useful to this discussion

But I’ll continue to contribute non-useful bits of information :smiley:

22 responses so far. Not bad for someone who doesn’t want to discuss snow tires.

1 Like

Internet glasses? I want some. How much and where did you get them?:relaxed:

1 Like

Never before have I been so tempted to do this:

snow tire discussions

1 Like

:thumbsup:

Nice job Shadowfax. Amazing what computers can do if you know how. One question though, what does " LMGTFY" mean?? What did I miss? Maybe I should just Google it.

OK I get it. Let me google that for you. Anyone else wonder where all this will end? At least when you went to the encyclopedia you knew who wrote the sections.

but even the (perceived ) best winter tires can NOT . . TEACH the DRIVER how to best make use of them !

1 Like

Even with the best equipment - if you don’t know how to drive in the snow it won’t help. I’ve seen it.

My wife will tell me ;
“you’re the one who knows how to drive in this shzz.“
To which I sternly reply
” so therefore I can knowledgably STATE . .I am NOT going out in it tonight !”

kinda like complete gun instruction . . learning when NOT to use it !

Yep, first rule is a gun is always loaded. Second rule is don’t ever point it at someone unless you intend to use it. Third rule, don’t ever go hunting with someone that doesn’t know the first two (like my FIL).

Here’s another one that might help, @JuniorMint.