Legal New Mexico Driver's Licenses Issued To Illegal Immigrants . . . What The . . .?

They are well educated and the type of immigrant we are most willing to bring in.

Yup…The only problem I have is their pay…MOST do NOT get the same wages. Companies like Microsoft have been lobbying for years to increase the H1B Visa quota…Mainly so they can pay well qualified engineers far less money. What many of them do…is several families will live in one large house for a few years saving them a lot of money on expenses. Then go back to India with a lot of money (more money then they make in 2-3 years over in India). Plus they get good work experience and better command of the English language to work at American companies who are setting up Campus’s in India. Companies have displaced MANY qualified hard working engineers here in the US so they can hire 2-3 H1B visa workers at 1/3rd the average salary.

We should allow legal immigrants a path toward citizenship. And to rights such as driving licenses as long as they can prove that they’ve met the specific state’s requirements. Which we do.
We should not allow ILLEGAL immigrants a path toward citizenship. Unfortunately, the system seems full of loopholes. Some intentional, others do to our complacent attitute toward our border’s (and our natio’s) security.

TSA is requiring 95 year old lady’s in wheelchairs to remove their adult diapers (true story) yet illegal immigrants of all backgrounds are able to freely driive our highways? Where is the logic in THAT scenerio?

I think there are some cases for allowing ILLEGAL immigrants a path toward citizenship.

One case I know of…is a illegal immigrant volunteered for the Marines and was sent to Iraq and was killed. His wife…also an illegal immigrant and his new-born son were being deported. Some group intervened to stop this. Not sure of the outcome. But in this case I believe that they should be allowed to become legal residents. Their (husband/father) gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

Mike, you’ve made an excellent point with which I wholeheartedly agree. Any man or woman who serves in our armed forces honorably has earned citizenship for him/herself and his/her immediate family. It should be granted automatically. There is no greater proof of commitment to this country than patriotism.