LED Pool Light Underbody Glow

My question isn’t very based on a repair, but more of an electrical upgrade. I have IntelliBrite LED color changing Pool light and I wanted to put it to good use and actually put it under my car as an underbody effect. The light is a 12 volt and my battery is 12 volt. I wanted to know if I hooked it up into my battery if it would…

a. Work
b. Damage my car
c. Damage the light

Thanks!

Check your local/state laws about adding effect lights to your vehicle. In some places it’s illegal.

Tester

Work it will if you hook it up right
Damage your car depends on how you install it
Damage the light? sure if it gets hit.

FIrst, I’m not certain why you would want to do this. However, if the LED does not draw a lot of power, I suppose you could connect it to the tail light circuit so it would go on and off when you turn on the headlights. I would put a low amperage (1 or 2 amp) fuse in the line to be safe.
I remember back in the late 1940s watching cars go down our street when I was a kid and some cars had a light under the car. My first car, a 1947 Pontiac did have such a light, but there was no lens or bulb in the socket. I didn’t know the purpose back then, and I still see no reason for it. On my old Pontiac, it looked like it came that way from the factory.

So if I hooked it up to the underbody of my car and connected it to my battery and hooked up a switch that turns the light on and off, it should work no problem? Or should I connect it to the fuse box and add another inline fuse? I have no clue. And there is so way I could damage my electrical system in my car?

You should include an inline fuse if you hook it up directly to the battery.

Four Important Key Words: " I have no clue. "

We don’t even know what kind of car you have or how much electricity the pool light draws and you don’t know what you’re doing.

Yes, there is a way that you could damage the car’s electric system.

Get somebody who knows what they’re doing to help you with the project before you consider it to see if it’s even feasible.

CSA