Leaving mechanic for lure of high MPG?

I just put money down on a C-Max. It struck my wife and I as a solid, pleasant-to-drive, efficient and practical car for our purposes. Our mechanic will do what jobs he can on it, and we’ll probably have the local ford dealer to the rest. Local mechanic also gets to play with my old pickup and the mother-in-law’s car.
We also considered a Jetta Sportwagen, but my wife found it very uncomfortable (she is short, and felt pinned against the steering wheel when the seat was forward enough to operate pedals and reach the dash). I drove a Prius V, but didn’t like the sluggishness, and the Toyota dealer is a ways off.
I think the hybrid will give us some economic benefit. In the very long run (100K miles plus), it may well repay the higher initial cost compared with a conventional powertrain, but that depends a lot on the price of gas, and maybe a battery. All stuff out of my control, so I’m not going to worry about it.
Thanks again to all for their comments.

In the last two weeks, I made a 2900 mile round trip to Florida from McAllen, with my 2002 Sienna. I got passed a number of times on the open Interstate, by Prius’s.