Lack of heat in car

i have a 97 intrepid that is not blowing out alot of heat. the blower works great but the air is semi warm. added anti freeze, should i flush the system or could it be the heater core?

Before doing anything else. make sure there’s no air trapped in the cooling system.

To do this, get the engine up to operating temperature. With the engine idling, slightly loosen the upper radiator hose clamp. Take a small flat bladed screwdriver and slip this between the upper radiator hose and the hose neck on the radiator. Allow the engine to idle until all that comes out of the upper radiator hose is coolant. Remove the screwdriver and retighten the hose clamp.

Tester

Is your temperature gauge behaving normally? Or does it look like the car is running a little cool? If your thermostat was stuck open you would get lousy heat - and lousy gas mileage as well.

Thanks, I will try that.

added anti freeze

Bingo! Since a car should not be using coolant, it means you have one or more problems.

I would try to find the leak and in the mean time you can plan on checking out the cooling system including the thermostat and looking for air pockets in the system.  All that is cheap.  Next comes cleaning out radiator and heater core. 

Good Luck

Thanks and since I bought the car from an individual I have no idea if he had any problems before. Not everyone selling a vehicle is totally honest. Now I just need to find someone in my area to do it cheaply. I just had heart surgery and can’t physically do it myself. Sven though I am totally capable. Thanks again for the imput.

That happened to my 95 Intrepid years ago. Needed a new water pump.