Jeep liberty gas mileage problems

i have a 2005 jeep liberty renegade 3.7L V6. the EPA fuel economy estimates are 17 city and 22 highway. i know that the EPA ratings are under ideal conditions and are usually higher than the actual fuel economy but im only getting 10 mpg. I checked my air filter which is fine my tires are inflated properly and im not due for an oil change for 1500 miles. i have tried fuel ingector cleaners and they have improved gas mileage but only for a tank of gas or so. Is there any thing else that can be done in order to improve my cars mpg.

thank you

Spark plugs and wires? Fuel filter?

Have the fuel pressure checked.

Have someone check out your cooling system, including the coolant temp sensor and thermostat operation.

Have someone check the braking system to make sure there is no brake dragging going on.

What kind of driving do you do and how do you do it? One of the biggest factors in fuel economy (other than the kind of vehicle you drive) is the nut behind the wheel. Go easy on the throttle. Drive to use the brakes as little as possible.

I drive a 2006 Jeep Liberty and currently am dealing with the same problem…just had the mechanic literally go down the list you just talked about and none of the above. I’m totally stumped! I’ve gone from 310 miles per tank to 200. Its seems too drastic to just be overlooked. Any other advice? I just posted a more detailed thread about my situation…“Talk about a gas problem!”

Assuming that everything on that list was actually tested/checked/replaced/whatever and is know to be in good order have someone who’s really good with diagnostics put it on a scan tool to see what the oxygen sensors are doing.