JEEP CATCHES ON FIRE 1 hour after OIL Change

Did I miss something or did the cause of the fire get explained here? I know it was stated which vehicle started the fire but why did it start? there must have been a conclusion as to why there was a fire if the Dealership paid out money (important that it was the dealership and not the manufacture as this means something was wrong with the work done by the Dealership) but what was wrong with the work the Dealership did?

Other than agreeing with oldschool I have a question. If it’s been determined by fire inspectors that the Jeep started this fire and if the dealership’s insurance has acknowledged responsibility and paid off on the vehicles then why in the hxxx is everything else not being covered?

This includes loss of personal possessions, hauling debris, cleaning costs, etc.

Just offhand, this sounds like on those deals where the insurance company weighed the costs of payoffs on 2 vehicles against what could happen and took the quick and easy way out; with likely a signed release so they won’t have to show up and face litigation (with a child involved no less) in front of a family friendly jury.

A secondary comment could be in regards to the recent firing and unemployment of any service department techs…

I once saw an Oprah show that dealt with the subject of abstinence, a question from the audience “What about the children”? I agree all that has to be done is link an issue with “the children” and all bets are off if you get a fair deal.