It's Spring... Time To Clean Up Your Vehicles! FYI For Finding Some Touch-Up Paint:

Used them for years as a professional bodyman.Its a one step application process…no need for clearcoat because its already mixed in with the paint. They use only factory formula paint by Dupont in a special pen with a micron tip.You can fill a hairline scratch or a larger chip in one application without messing it up. You can save a few $$$ if you order from this website: http://www.canac.ca/en/product/automotive/emergency-accessories-car-parts/car-parts-accessories/genicolor-premium-touch-up-pen-9-ml_55178.aspx?unite=001002&sf=ovr%3Dtrue%26root%3D857%26categorie%3D1429%252c1431%252c1440%26filterorder%3D0%252c0%252c0%26searchurl%3D%252fafficherbootstrap.aspx%253fsearch%253dgenicolor%2526searchtype%253d2%2526display%253d5%2526langue%253den%2526unite%253d001002&galst=u[Search]

I’ll read the rest later but yeah, it’s not spring in Minnesota yet even though the Twins played yesterday outside. Took 75 people to clear the snow off the field. We got 4+ inches a couple days ago and more on the way. I did charge up the lawn mower battery in anticipation and have changed oil, transmission fluid, tire rotations, etc. in preparation for warm weather, but the hoses stay stored away at this point.

When I buy a car, I just get the small bottle of factory touch up paint at the parts department. Sometimes they’ll just throw that in at the end with floor mats to close the sale. The paint matches perfectly. Yeah DupliColor for any larger repair but remember the paint is quite a bit thinner than factory or body shop paint and simply does not stand up like a professional paint would.

Maybe sometime in May or June I’ll pull the winter mats and wax and polish. I dunno, we’ll see.

When I buy my cars, I tell them that I’d like to buy a second set of mats at their cost as part of the deal. I use one set in winter and one set in summer so that I don’t have to worry too much about salt on the winter mats.

So do I. But salt deposits get all over…not just on the mats. I still have my winter mats in. Won’t take them out til may (MAYBE)

I still haven’t read all the responses but the winter mats for the Acuras are like the Weather Tech mats. Heavy rubber and with sides so all the slush stays on the mats. They are not like the normal flat rubber mats. The summer mats of course are the standard carpeted mats. So I just wash the winter mats and use a conditioner on them in spring and shampoo the summer mats when I do the carpet.

Last month I waxed the Corolla using a product called Rain Dance. I think it is similar to Nu-Finish. Easy on, easy off. I left it on a couple weeks before removing the excess, as is my want. Rained today here, noted most excellent beading. The same day I lubed all the door hinges and hood and trunk latch, repaired the sun visor, and vacuumed the debris from the under-windshield air vents.

California Dreamin’. I think I used Rain Dance over 30 years ago. Had trouble getting it off again if I recall. Probably the bad paint.

George, I haven’t tried Rain Dance, yet. I’ll look for it. I have been using Nu-Finish for many years. I use it in the house, too. After I clean bathroom sinks, I apply it and it keeps them looking nice, longer.

All that stuff you just did to your car is all good for spring cleaning! I do that, also.
CSA :palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

I ran out of my supply of Rain Dance, so I’ll probably try NuFinish next time I wax my truck. Good to know it works well for you.

You can even put this stuff on in sunshine if you can’t find shade. Crazy stuff. It’s not “wax.” Don’t know what it is. Don’t care. It works.
CSA :palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

You guys Lube once or twice a year?

endlesssummerplate.com

This is my latest plan. I love those plates! I am literally going to be in summer during winters south and summers during summers _north. Sorry, I just can’t do cold any more. _ I found out after the fact that I moved to a stretch of land on the gulf that’s called Florida’s Sun Coast. It truly is!

On my morning bike ride out onto Anna Maria Island on the ocean I noticed traffic was a bit lighter… Spring Break is winding down and those daxx Snow Birds are migrating north!
CSA :palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Who’s_“you guys?”_ I lube (as in change oil ?) every 5,000 miles, religiously. I check fluids weekly.
CSA :palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Lube to me suggests grease zirks but I don’t have any of those anymore.

WOW.
That is amazing. One of the best looking finishes I have ever seen. Definitely show quality.