Is this Tire need to be replaced ? Pls advice

To vino: please slow down and consider this. You don’t know the cause of the air loss in the replaced rear tire. It might have been damage that could not be safely repaired. It is also extremely risky for photos over the Internet to confirm the safety of something as critical as tires. So I just you let that go.

Next, let’s confirm that your tires have a little more than 10 thousand miles on them. If so, have they ever been rotated? If not, there might already be significant differences in tire wear (between front and back and even between individual tires) that might affect how you choose to proceed.

Were your other 3 tires examined by any of the 3 places you took your car? If so, what information do you have from them? Any pressure or wear information?

If you are going to check tire pressure and wear yourself, do you have the right tools and experience? I’m not questioning you to be difficult, just trying to have the right info.

About your new tire, first look at your receipt or other documentation or go online to find out what your return options might be from the seller.

Beyond the helpful comments so far, I would like to offer the following possibilities.

1. your other 3 tires are fine, and the new tire is similar enough that adding it to the mix causes only minor issues.
  2. same as 1 above but you really want to have the same tires and so you have to go back to the seller and use the return process if available and have them order the OE tire (if possible). Of course this might cause a time problem.
  3. your other rear tire is not in good condition, and so you should consider changing it as well. Changing two tires on the same axle is quite reasonable and that way you can have Michelins that match on the same axle. This should help your concerns about one tire being different from the other three. (This option is available even if the other rear tire is acceptable. You can keep the original rear tire as a spare.)
  4. your others tires are all showing problems, and changing the other three is actually needed. If so you might get a discount or special offer for four tires instead of only one. Again, that depends on the seller and you.

I hope this is helpful to you.

“will the dealer itself will be ready to take back the new tire and install 4 new ones with reduced cost ?”

Why buy 4 new ones?
Just buy 3 more identical Michelins as soon as possible, and the problem is solved.

@Waterbuff , i’ll be buying the pressure and tread depth gauge today evening. The cause of the Air loss was loose mouth valve. the service men said that someone had caused this, since that mouth valve is not easy to loos/tighten and also i believe that someone is the cause of the problem because one of my Wheel hub center cap was also missing (someone would’ve stolen).

Yes, i just recently gave for the scheduled service last month where they did the tire rotation and other services (10k mile Toyota service)

There is no any issue on other three tires, just the rear right tire had low pressure.

I haven’t seen the return warranty, i’ll check that out and will speak with America’s tire for the return and change of tire (if available)

When i consulted America’s tire, the salesman checked all four tires and said the three tires have some 7.5 something like that number and he said they are in Good condition. so no need to change.

I hope this info will be good.

Don’t worry about returning your new tire it’s the right size, and could well be a better tire.

To vino, it is good to hear that rotation was just done. This means your rear tires wear on the front recently. Your Camry is a front wheel drive (fwd) car, so the front tires probably had more wear on them.

Your concern about vandalism on your tire and wheel are serious issues and sound like they need addressing separately from this tire issue.

Having a good tire pressure gauge is a good investment for a car. Your can use the Internet for recommendations, but don’t get the stick type. A tread depth gauge is less valuable for you in my view.

Right now, it seems your decision is simplified at least by not having a need to change all 4 tires. Depending on your purchase with Americas Tire, you can keep the one new tire and be done with it, get a change from the Michelin to an identical OE tire (but with 10k less wear), or get a second Michelin to match the new tire for two new tires on the rear.

There is no simple “best” choice among the three, but having two new Michelin tires on the rear means identical tires. Getting a new Bridgestone will still leave the difference in wear between new and old. I have no idea as to the price difference between the Michelin and Bridgestone tires, if any.

It sounds like the reason for the low tire was the valve core that was loose-for some reason. A pressure gauge is good but just monitor the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) on a daily basis. They are close enough in accuracy to tell you if there is a problem or not.

I’ll go off topic now

I’ll pick Michelin over Bridgestone

We all know a lot of cars roll off the assembly with mediocre tires, which are designed to meet several goals all at the same time. The replacement Michelin is quite possible a much better tire than the one it replaced

Mr Vino,I am not sure,but if you could find a rudimentary auto mechanics course at a community college or whatever,it would be money well spent as you have indicated a willingness to take the "bull by the horns"so to speak,you seem to be an honest individual,so kudos for you.I hope you can learn to to safely maintain autos be yourself,I’m sure there is a “Auto maintainence book for Dummies”( they make them for everything else) you might create a interesting hobby for yourself and later on down the road,be able to help friends and family out.Good luck,you can do it!
db,has a point as well,it always seems to me that OEM tires are a bit on the cheap side-Kevin

On my brother’s 2008 Toyota, his OEM tires left much to be desired

When he replaced them with a different brand, it was a big improvement in every single way

“I’ll pick Michelin over Bridgestone. We all know a lot of cars roll off the assembly with mediocre tires, which are designed to meet several goals all at the same time. The replacement Michelin is quite possible a much better tire than the one it replaced.”

A BIG +1 to the comment above.

My experiences with Bridgestone tires has been…let’s just say…underwhelming.
Yes, that is better than my experience with Continental tires, which was…let’s just say…BAD.
On the other hand, I have had nothing but positive experiences with Michelins.

@vino, you didn’t provide pictures of the inside of the tire. If the pressure was low enough to roll over onto the sidewall like that, the rim probably rode on the sidewall on the inside. Damage to the inside of the tire might be as bad or worse than the damage to the outer sidewall. You did the right thing by replacing the tire. Don’t worry about it and drive on.

Actually for me, it would drive me nuts to have a car with only 10K on it and one mismatched tire-whether it caused a problem on not. I agree on the Bridgestone I guess. Have those on the Acura (from the factory) and they seem fine.