Is this a ok jack point?

Hmm you sure I can lift the whole length? It doesn’t explicitly mention in the manual. Just want to make sure.

EDIT: As @George_San_Jose1 says, there are some visible notches where it indicates and those are not everywhere on it.

The manual only indicates where to lift the vehicle in the event of a flat tire.Not for servicing the vehicle.

You can lift a vehicle anywhere along the pinch weld. It’s that strong.

So you can either purchase a pinch weld adapter for your jack, or make one out of a hockey puck

Hell! Even my lift has pads with grooves so a vehicle can be lifted at the pinch welds.

Tester

In addition to the hockeypucks/pads, which I too use, you could also use a beam.
They’re available from Harbor Freight Tools.
image_25291

Sounds like you are good to go OP. I’m happy to hear about this diy’er tip too, as I run into the jack/jack-stand interference problem on my Corolla sometimes at its pinch-weld.

Yeah… I mean I googled it and some say it’s not really as reinforced but if it’s just for jacking I guess it’s fine.

The worse that can happen really is just the thing will fold and not cause major damage.

Just in case, make sure there’s no fuel or brake lines in that area. Maybe the best plan is to jack at the notches and place the jack-stand a little removed from the notches.

1 Like