Is there an equivalent?

Hi , i was wondering if there some tool equivalent to the air hammer ?? In other words is there a cordless air hammer in the market ?? I am just curious

Regards

If you are just talking about a hammer drill, yeah. But if you are talking about an air chisel or a jack hammer, nothing that I know of. They can take quite a bit to operate. There are electric jack hammers that weigh a lot but nothing battery operated that I know of.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200642736_200642736?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Power%20Tools%20>%20Drills%20%2B%20Accessories%20>%20Rotary%20Hammers&utm_campaign=Milwaukee&utm_content=32580&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgqeogZ-c3wIVDoJpCh0MagFAEAQYASABEgIYsfD_BwE

1 Like

Yeah i was talking about the air chisel hammer i donā€™t want buy a compressor specially for that tool ā€¦ thanks Bing

You can get a corded demo hammer but I donā€™t think a battery one would help much if they made it. Iā€™ve got one of those battery vibrating saws and it worked great for drywall and light work but not really very powerful and the battery doesnā€™t last long.

1 Like

Interesting question. You are referring to the pistol grip air chisels correct?
The closest I could find are hammer-drills. These were ā€˜corded versionsā€™, not like the battery version Bing linked to. Prices range from under a $100 on Amazon for Chinese versions to nearly $400 for a brand name. The electrics are HEAVY compared to air chisels.
But an air chisel, to be truly effective, needs a high CFM air compressor.

1 Like

and REALLY good hearing protectors

3 Likes

I have milwaukee hammer drill but its way far from air chisel hammer i wish they would made the cordless version of it

Well, a bit more capable than a standard air hammer but price is right- https://www.homedepot.com/p/XtremepowerUS-Demolition-Hammer-1000-Watt-Jackhammer-Concrete-Breaker-With-Case-61105-XP/304601302?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D25T|25-9_PORTABLE+POWER|NA|PLA|71700000034127218|58700003933021540|92700031755124691&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyJLIz4ad3wIVBDBpCh327QZgEAQYASABEgJiEPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 Like

I think the OP is looking for an electric version of this, not an electric jackhammer.

1 Like

No kidding, did you find one?
That was the closest thing I could find.

No ofcourse i couldnā€™t find one i sent to milwaukee asking them they replied that the rotary hammer is the closest but its not i believe in future they gonna make one no doubt

What do you want to use the tool to accomplish? Then we can help you find alternate tools.

1 Like

Sometimes i wanna use it to help me removing stuck stuff like snap rings from wheel bearing , ball joints ā€¦etc

Thatā€™s the wrong tool for both those examples. A press is the best tool for ball joints and tie rod ends. Hammering away with a ā€œtie rod separatorā€ extension on an air hammer is one step above using a 5lb sledge with a manual version. Snap rings can be loosened very well using hand tools which have far more control than an air hammer. Iā€™ve used cold chisels and light hammering to free them up when I have several air hammer options available. I wouldnā€™t think of using one in that instance.

Iā€™ve used my air hammers for many jobs. Most of them relatively primitive disassembly operations. Strangely enough, I once used one of them to chisel the remnants of a mortar bed off a basement floor because I had the tool and it was convenient rather than going to the trouble of renting a small jackhammerā€¦

4 Likes

Craftman (Sears) used to have a sort of electric-hammer gadget. Not gonna be as powerful as an air-chisel like photos above; it was more for hammering nails into wood in difficult to access areas I think, but it might work for the OP, who knows. The link below isnā€™t the one I saw, the one I saw wasnā€™t as expensive, but same idea.

https://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-9-11818-12-volt-Lithium-lon-Hammerhead/dp/B0040ZLPGY

Some more info on this sort of tool

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/nail-guns/ryobi-auto-hammer-craftsman-hammerhead/988/

1 Like

Thanks george i believe you solved the mystery i gonna buy it and see how it goes

Best of luck there OP, let us know if it does the job.