I think this was part of the “fix” after the site was hacked and hundreds of spam-like messages appeared.
The Nissan Xterra has a small following with the off-road/adventurer crowd.
With or without the intermittent misfire, the vehicle should be worth $2500 or more. Is there body damage? Is the interior in good condition?
A ten-year-old SUV? Fortunately, the 2016 has the previous generation V-6 engine; 2GR-FE.
The 2017 Highlander has the 2GR-FKS engine, some have had problems with leaking fuel injectors or leaking exhaust valves; expensive “misfire” problems.
haha, yeah i think i got censored for some menial word too.
Mmmm, as much as I’d like to say yes to that question for $2500, it would be generous. I had two little monkey kids in the back for 7 and 10 years respectively. And a couple ■■■■■ and scrapes from the 24 years. I treated it like a forever car, I may need to adjust my price. However, for whatever reason when I was on the car hunt in Oregon, it seems like we may be paying a little over national average for cars for some reason. So I wonder if that trickles down even to the “ultra beater” league. Interesting you mentioned the off-road/adventurer crowd. I think there is quite a bit of that around here. That could be a good angle. Thank you.
good to know, I hope the one year previous model will help me avoid those things.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your experienced opinion. It would be great if you’d continue to post.
Mr. Sanders, you probably missed Amar-BCB other post that was removed because it was pure Spam. A look at his profile will confirm that he is spamming.
It was probably removed before I could read it. That happens a lot for me. This particular post seemed OK except for the call me at the end.
Yes, this is the right time to sell it. Trying to fix a mysterious engine problem on a 2002 car can get very expensive very fast. Selling or trading it in right now while it is still running fine will get you the most money for it.
Both the Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot are great, reliable choices. The Highlander is a bit smoother and more comfortable, while the Pilot has more space inside. You really can’t go wrong with either one.
Moving on now before the Xterra breaks down completely is definitely the smartest move!
I would expect only low-ball offers for a misfiring 2002 Xterra with a presumably illuminated MIL