Is it time for an FAQ page?

Scudder,
I was leaning toward sarcasm in that ‘swamping’ post.

However, you are making some good points and suggestions.

In your post below where you outline the need for questioning posters to provide sufficient info has been put forth to the powers that be on this site to no avail. (so far)

We’ve seen in the past that injecting info and common sense in a relative post goes practically unnoticed.

The subjects you covered concerning new questioning posters should (IMHO) be posted as a ‘sticky’.

What I mean is that the required info that you posted here has to be inserted permanently at the start of original posting along with registering BEFORE any posts are made.

As we all know, there are quite few options that were left behind in the old forum we would like to see reinstated here, BUT after this length of time, I’m wondering if they will ever come to fruition.

“I don’t like seeing anyone getting screwed out of their cash”

Your words ok4450 and probably the sentiment of thousands, make that millions, of other people. And yet one of the biggest scams being foisted on you, me and everyone else in this country is ignored either on purpose or through ignorance that it is even happening to them. I know that you want only discussions of “Anything related to the repair of an internal combustion engine or whatever is attached to it; be it 2 wheels, 4 wheels, or winged”, but these internal combustion engines are useful only if we can afford the gas to put into them. Last time I looked it still took gas (or deisel, etc.) to run these machines, which to me, makes gas (and gas PRICES) relevent. Now some people, maybe you, maybe not, will have no problem affording gas at 5 or 6 dollars per gallon. I suspect most of us will be under a real hardship to do so. So if all Americans are being ripped off by unregulated energy speculators why aren’t you and everyone else p****d off about that? What makes the ripping off of all of us at the gas pump any different than, as you put it “seeing anyone getting screwed out of their cash; no matter if it’s a fraudulent auto repair or one of about 8000 bogus gas saving gimmicks?” Educate yourself to this rip off by doing your own “Search” on the Enron Loophole before you whip off a reply to me. Then we can talk.

Understood Roadrunner and I took your comment as tongue in cheek anyway.

Seems like some of the posts on this thread were flagged by an overly sensitive individual, I can hazard a guess who…

I agree totally with your comments regarding ‘lost’ features on the forum and my view is if the web masters want to make a public action forum work, they need to listen to their contributors.

Web design by attrition

I think these posts are getting at a weakness in the search link – I know when I last had a question I searched everything I could think of to find an answer and found nothing, so I posted it. HEY CAR TALK WEB MASTER! Your community wants help!

I, too, started a discussion question and was told I should have used the “search function”. I tried it and there were no topics that helped. I don’t know if that is because it was never discussed, or if the search function doesn’t work properly. If you’d really like to help someone and know the topic has been discussed before… why not tell them exactly where to get the information they are looking for without being rude? For instance, you could tell them the title of the question they are looking for.

Good advice. Especially this point "This subject has already been covered in detail and can be references (sic) on "

It would help if you could explain what you are talking about. “You’ve got a shill right now on another thread about yet another performance/gas saving scam; Pulstar spark plugs”.
Where are these accusations coming from? I don’t know anything about these plugs and would suggest doing a lot or research before buying any product that promises increases in fuel economy.

Don’t worry about spelling. We convey information the best we can. BTW, what is wrong with “references”?

just flag any suspect.