Intermittent vibration

I am having intermittent vibrations in my 15 passenger Ford van after the van was towed on a flatbed tow truck. Usually drives smooth without vibrating, but occasional vibrations at various speeds and strong vibrations one time when braking. Not tires. Something is loose. I suspect the tie-downs were too aggressively tightened and they bent/broke/or loosened something. Maybe a steering tie rod or even a wheel bearing. Intermittent is a key. The van is not a fragile sissy vehicle; takes real force to shake it.

Tossom My Toyota Camry does the same thing you describedā€¦everything you wrote has exactly happened to mineā€¦I had brakes done also an resurfaced.it vibrates intermittently at different speeds like yoursā€¦have you found a solution ? I will be taking it to a third mechanicā€¦know one can find the problemā€¦it doesnā€™t happen when they drive it.

I had the same problem. I had the shop rebalance three times.
I used an infrared thermometer to measure the front discs. 317Ā° vs 106Ā°. Sticking caliper.

Really donā€™t understand how this could cause it.

Maybe: the dragging pad eventually heats up the rotor and itā€™s not a uniform heat and then the rotor warps and the vibration starts.

1 Like