Installing alloy wheels on my 2015 Hyundai Accent

can I install 17 or 18 inch alloy wheels in xcent

What on Earth for ? Any good wheel and tire store can answer that . Or you can go to the Tire Rack web site . The chance of anyone who has done that seeing your post is really low.

Why not get the sawzall out and put 20’s on it ?

2 Likes

Yes, you can.

Look here…https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?&autoMake=Hyundai&autoModel=Accent+Sport+5-Door&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=

They were optional sizes, but I wouldn’t go to 18", they require 35 series tires which are very low profile, rough riding, and easy to damage.
Sizes To Fit Your Vehicle (tirerack.com)

Why fool around with larger wheels? Shoe horn a blown big block V-8 in that car and you’ll get some real attention from red light to red light.

2 Likes

Maybe. Your Accent had either P175/70R14 or P195/50R16 tires as standard equipment, depending on the specific trim and options. The 14’s have a diameter of 23.6", the 16’s are 23.7". If you went from 16" to 17" rims you’d need tires that were 1/2" shorter in cross section to keep the same diameter, 1" shorter from 16" to 18". It would be worse if your stock tires were 14".
A 195/45R17, 215/40R17, or 245/35R17 would probably work, as would a 215/35R18. You can check out the numbers here: Tire Size Chart Of course, that doesn’t deal with the question of “Why?” It’s your car and your money but no matter what you do it’s still going to be a Hyundai Accent. If it were mine, I wouldn’t do it.

I’m curious why you would buy a bottom-of-the-line, poverty row car, and then look to spend money on a useless modification?

1 Like

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

1 Like

After you install these heavier, low profile, harder riding wheels and tires, don’t come back and complain about the poor ride or your dented wheels when you hit a pothole.

These are the downsides to this big of wheel on that small car not designed for them.

4 Likes

You’ll do better bumping up the size just 1", and putting on high performance tires if handling is what you want.

1 Like

Not everyone can afford your collection of Bugattis.

1 Like

Btw, a Croation company called Rimac just bought the majority stake in Bugatti from VW. Ettore Bugatti probably turned over in his grave.

Considering the Rimac Nevera blows the doors off of anything Bugatti ever made, I’d say he’d be fine with it, and mainly jealous that he died before he could drive the Bugattis that will come out under Rimac’s stewardship.

2 Likes

From magazine tests with the assistance of Tire Rack the performance gain of the lower profile tire eventually gets overcome by the weight of the wheel/tire compared to the stock size. At least on an otherwise stock VW Golf

1 Like

Hondas, too. Any vehicle:

Understanding Wheel Wight

Here are the results of that Car and Driver test:

Effects of Upsized Wheels and Tires Tested (caranddriver.com)

4 Likes