Injector cleaning?

My Hyundai Sonata is due for its 30K checkup. In addition to a number of other items, the dealer recommends having the throttle body, injectors, valves, and fuel lines cleaned and the computer reset at this time for $110. Is that work really required or is it just a good way for them to make $110?

B. It’s a way for them to make some extra money. All gasoline has fuel system cleaners in it, and under normal circumstances no other fuel system cleaning is required.

Your owner’s manual will tell you EXACTLY what is required in the way of periodic maintenance. Anything else is “Additional Dealer Profit.”

The computer adjusts itself constantly as you drive. It does not need to be “reset,” and I’ve never before heard of anyone offering to do this as part of routine maintenance.

Scam, ripoff, ADP. Just say No.

?

Dealers are no better (or worse) than independent mechanics for almost anything you might need done on your car.  They will almost always charge more per hour and often more for parts and supplies.  They also tend to look at repairs a little different than the independent. 

A dealer may well recommend work that strictly may not be needed, but could be connected to the problem or maybe replace a part when a little repair would fix it ALMOST as good a new.  

There is no need to bring your car to the dealer for any service other than service that is going to be paid for by a recall or original warrantee. 

I suggest that most people would be better off finding a good independent (Not working for a chain) mechanic.

Dealer needs money for his son’s tuition!