No harm to shop around for another company. It sounds like you’d be a customer that insurance companies would want to have, what w/never any claims. Generally the ways to get lower car insurance rates (among things you have control over)
- get you other insurance from that company too, like homeowner’s insurance, insurance on other cars, etc
- ask if they have a discount for driving less than a certain number of miles per year.
- make sure the companies you inquire with know you’ve never filed a claim in 48 years.
- ask for the policy that has the lowest rate, which likely won’t include comprehensive, collision, etc. don’t buy features you don’t need in other words.
- avoid traffic citations
- If you or family members have some military background, phone USAA and see if you qualify for their plans