In general, is it worth trying to maintain a vehicle that has more than 100,000 miles or are you better off with a newer car?

Rick, sorry to break the news to you, but by the message 180+ that connection is long gone.

Do you still care to back your claims or we silently let this thread die?

The person who started this thread made one post and has left the building . I think the only reason for the post was to promote a vehicle record site.

1 Like

My claims are factual…and is intended for those who are sincerely interested on all the tips on purchasing a new car and insurance thereon. The fact that the OP has left the building, does not mean that others may find the info helpful. Is this a site filled with dinosaur car owners who like their old vintage cars or a help site for all car people looking for opinions and/or advice? If it is a close-nit group of the former, then my bad…I am at the wrong site. Furthermore, if the discussion is to die…then it will by zero people chiming in…yes?

I think it is interesting that I am the one receiving such notice as mentioned above, and not any of the others who are carry on this discussion. All the others have to do…is not to respond. And that settles that…yes?

I can’t speak for any of the other forum members, but I have neither lice nor nits.
:laughing:

:+1:

You may have had them for a long time, and just gotten used to it…to the point of not caring or noticing. A little humor my friend…now say goodbye.

Then show your data.

187 messages and rolling… based on the current progress from Rick, we not gonna see that “data” until 500+ or so… if ever…

2 Likes

An easy-to-search database for all of your gif and reaction image needs, focusing on things that you

All you’ve stated is that you buy at a great price and sell at a great price and everyone wins. That’s NOT data.

Specifics. How much did you buy car for. How long did you keep it. How much did you sell it for. Curious minds want to know.

1 Like

We and other ones of your group had many discussions. And I can not help it, if you are too lazy to go back to the post I laid out on the How-to to get that new car at rock bottom prices. One of the things that I mentioned in that post…was that using research data on car dealer prices and info on manufacture incentives to dealer…and also car dealer incentives (from its dealership) to car buyers…I am able to get any new car for about $200 to $300 over dealer cost and regardless of the msrp on the white window sticker. And when I go to sell such car, I can usually get the premium KBB or higher amount. And again, the main reason for selling such cars at a great price…is because (as stated in my guide) I buy them ahead of the current year (ex: now I would buy 2021 and not the 2020) and upkeep them well. This gives me a one year advantage of being a used car when selling it. That is all the data you need. Why don’t you go back and revisit my detailed outline on to purchase a new car at rock bottom prices; I am sure it is way back in my posts…since I did not leave. Then show it to any smart and savvy new car buyer. Then tell that person that you asked me for data. He will look at you like you are a fool…and say to you that this man gave you a road map on how to do it. Data??? for what? You have the road map. If the one you consult is really good, he/she will tell you that is exactly how it is done.

Unfortunately, with you and perhaps others, I am dealing with complete novices on money saving ways to purchase a new car. And the ones who say that they keep their perfectly good running car for say 10 or more years…are completely out of the loop on the How-to buy new cars at rock bottom prices.

Here is some food for thought if you really need some. I bought my present car (a 2015 Hyundai Sonata SE) on July 5 2014. I paid 21k and change…below dealer’s cost…and with a 28k and change msrp sticker on it. How did I do that? It is all laid out in my outline in my earlier posts…and simply took advantage of all the incentives that I mentioned. I have been doing this for a long time, so I know all the How-to’s on getting your best deal when it comes to buying new cars. As a new car dealer said to me one time when dealing with me on the purchase of a new car, “You are one in a hundred who come in to buy a car. And lucky so, because we do not make money on astute buyers like you. But I will sell the car at that price…because I want to have you as a satisfied customer.” I believe it was a sub compact Toyota model at the time with very little bargaining interests from dealers…with Toyotas being a premium seller. But I still managed to get it for under $200 of dealer cost plus tax. I allowed the dealer his freight cost but not the prep and his advertising costs. And if my memory serves me well, when msrp is considered…my savings were about $1000. Not much of a big deal ordinarily. But for a small Toyota selling like hot cakes at the time…it was a big enough deal to get the dealer to say what he did. Plus that year model had not been recieved yet by the dealer.

Rick , please find another Forum and what you did in 2014 on a vehicle purchase may not work now or only in a few places .
@cdaquila Carolyn , can this be closed please.

3 Likes

You’re a legend in your own mind Ranger Rick.

4 Likes

I guarantee you that by doing the majority of the maintenance on my 09 Focus and my 05 Odyssey, both of which were purchased used by me, I’ve spent far less money than you have on your new Sonata. Hell, my loans (since paid off) for both were less with interest than your Sonata.

1 Like

I think it is about time to put this legend out to pasture.

+1
This is a waste of everyone’s time.

2 Likes

I (unlike yourself that I surmise) am not trying to be a legend. I am just stating the facts on how-to save money on buying that new car and save on new car with your older car combined insurance. I can not help if you are so stuck in the mud with time gone by, that you do not fully understand what I am talking about. Like I have advocated so many times to you and your other groupies, ask others who know about what I am saying. It will be a learning experience. A lot of people are not able to afford the better and finer things in life, simply because they gripe about cost. One way to combat high cost on something (like a new car) is to get off the duff and learn how to be a smart consumer buyer/shopper. That takes research and time put in on the ways to buy at a best price and value of what you want to buy. Instead of spending time and effort on bashing me and what I offer to interested members…why do you not ask others or anyone about the advice I am giving. And I am certainly not trying to be a legend; that’s for children…and what are you trying to be? I am just stating the truth and the facts. It is unfortunate that you can not expand the conscience to understand that.

You haven’t stated any facts. Just conjecture. But keep dreaming.

To you of course. You are among the ones who opt to keep the perfectly good running 10 year old car. My advice and tips do not address your option. Those ones who might consider the option of buying that new car are the ones I am addressing. Understand now?

A lot of people are not able to afford the better and finer things in life, simply because they gripe about cost.

A lot of people me included are happy with what we have and don’t want or need the newest and best.

Did you read the deal I made on my last car…those are true facts…not conjecture. I even brought along a witness to the deal…just to show him how everything works. Needless to say, he was quite impressed. And the 2015 Sonata SE in my garage is no conjecture.