Impaired Driving

I guess I forgot. I do enjoy a cold hard lemonade from time to time after a hot day in the garage or something. I noticed on the label it is called a beer and about 5%. I’ve had two in the last few months, but never drive

With drinking that many lemonades you may be on the way to becoming an alcoholic. :grinning:

As far as drinking goes I bought a 12 pack of beer over two years ago and still have three left how ever I do have a shot or two of bourbon AKA Tennessee sipppin whiskey be for bed time 3 or 4 nights a week but never behind the wheel.

Don’t look at me. I haven’t had a beer in years, I’m a martini guy. I can’t tell the difference between one beer and another.

Not so much anymore but as a lifelong biker I was always the type to make a night of it and hop right onto 2 wheels.
Never crashed and only one time was I a bit wobbly. Right at 25 miles worth of wobbly to the house.

As for weed, tried it one time for the first time at 24 years of age and wrote it off then. I don’t do illicit drugs although my somewhat scruffy appearance has certainly gotten me stopped by the cops who always seemed to assume I did based on long hair and a beard.
One cop even tried to make an issue of the one upper arm tattoo I have.

Did it say “mama”?

Since the last run in with the patrol in Indianapolis, I put my “Sheriff’s Association” sticker in the window. I thought it might help but been law abiding for a couple years now so can’t tell.

1 Like

no, but I’ve become a craft brew fan as we have a lot of good craft breweries (including some that have learned that there are more kinds of beer than just an IPA!) around us that we were supporting during lock down to help keep our money more local.

+1 some of our chronic alcoholics that come into the ER I work at can conduct an entire interview accurately in the .15-.2 range.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it does

of course they can, but look at how many examples we have just on these forums of stories of how rich people continuously abuse the system and never go to jail despite multiple DUI stops because of their money and/or connections

3 Likes

Probably not. This question has me pondering what terrible import beers you’ve sampled, because American beer tastes to me like it’s been watered down.

1 Like

The only import beer I’ve tried and do not get is Guinness. I sipped on that mess for 2 hours and finally dumped the remaining half bottle down the drain.
At that point I realized what the many decades of fighting in Ireland was all about… :wink:

As for my tattoo which Bing alluded to it maybe saying “mama”. Nope. Skull and crossbones with a Harley Davidson shield and wings. Got to keep my true love with me til the end.

3 Likes

+1
While I’m not fond of Belgian ales or Guinness, I have liked every other European and Asian beer that I’ve ever tried.

As to American beer, do you recall the old joke about American beer?
Q: Why is American beer like having sex in a canoe?
A: Because it’s f-ing close to water!

4 Likes

Personally I think DUI laws are way to lax in most states. I rarely drink. Maybe a beer after golf if it’s hot out. But I’ve never been a big drinker.

I’ve had relatives and friends over the years who’s lives have changed (or ended) because of a drunk driver. There are people on the road today who have had multiple DUI’s. Sure we can take away their drivers license, but they’ll keep driving. I think after your 2nd DUI you have proven you are not responsible. Maybe 2-3 years in prison will wake you up. I have no problem with laws that lock up habitual DUI offenders for LIFE. It’s equivalent to walking down the street and randomly firing a gun. It may or may not hit/kill someone. But we don’t wait till they kill someone before we lock them up.

3 Likes

First off let me say, I’m 70, I’m 5’8", and I’m 170lbs. If I have a beer I am not over the legal limit, but I know I’m impaired, I can feel the “buzz” so I do not drive even if I’ve had only one beer. No one else should take this as a challenge to their ability to drive with a drink or two in their system, This is me.

I have two vehicles that seem to attract attention, a 1985 Toyota Corolla, in excellent condition, quiet as a mouse, but as an '85, it does not have a back window, center brake light, and I get stopped at least once a month and the officer tells me they stopped me because my brake light is out, in spite of the fact that as they walk up to the car they can see there is no brake light in the back window…

After finding out it’s an '85, they apologize and tell me it’s in really nice shape and ask why I do not put Historical Plates on the car, it’s cheaper… I tell them, that it is really my wife’s car and like any woman who dyes their hair so they do not look old, my wife does not want historical plates on her car so it does not look “old…”

I also have a 1984 Ironhead Harley Sportster with 2" Porker Drag Pipes.

She’s LOUD, Really LOUD!!! And I often get stopped on her (Yeah, my bike is a “she…”). But it is really “decked” out (Look’n Good!!!). And the officer and I usually talke bikes for a few minutes and then I’m usually let go with just a “warning…” Also, it might be because I’m and “old fart…”

Now, I respect the police and I know their job is ridiculously dangerous so I am not going to give them any guff. However, if they had even a hint of a whiff of alcohol on my breath, do you think I would have gotten off so easily. The Toyota is a no-brainer, but the Harley probably would have raked up a dozen tickets in the last years…

If it’s a CO2 Guinness instead of a nitrogenated Guinness, the flavor is quite different…I personally prefer the nitrogenated version myself. And it’s far better on tap than bottled/caned too.

It reminds of another joke: The brewmasters of Guinness, Budweiser, Miller, and and Coors get together for a meal. The brewmasters of Budweiser, Miller, and Coors each order a beer from their brewery. The brewmaster at Guinness orders a water. When asked by the others why he didn’t order a Guinness he replied “well when you lads ordered water, I decided to order one too!”

6 Likes

@LoudThunder I had a 1985 Ford Tempo with no center brake light and a 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass with no center brake light. I ordered two kits from J.C. Whitney and fitted both cars with rear center brake lights.
The kit contained a logic circuit on a chip. The logic circuit consisted of an AND gate. Both left and right rear stop lights had to receive power before the center brake light would be powered. This prevented the center light from blinking with a turning signal.
I used this as a challenge problem on a test when I taught a computer hardware class and we discussed logic gates. I was impressed with the number of students that figured out the logic gate that was needed.

2 Likes

I bought one of those kits for my old Cavalier, but I never installed it.

In my opinion, the best beer ever on the market was Billy Beer, brewed from a formula from President Jimmy Carter’s late brother Billy.
Why do I say it was the best beer? Billy Beer was so unpopular that I could buy it for 99¢ a six pack. I was on a tight budget back then and it was all I could afford.

3 Likes

If you buy a 4-pack of Shock Top Beer at Wawa (in tall cans), they often accidentally ring it up as a single can, particularly if you’re buying other things at the same time. I used to be a fan of their hoagies.

No. Way.

I drink craft beers exclusively, and they typically have between 8% and 13% alcohol content. The flavor just isn’t there for me in the Budweiser-like beers. I’m not a snob, exactly, because I don’t look down on those that do like the lighter lagers and pilsners. I do enjoy an Arrogant Bastard, though, and yes, I am worthy. If you don’t know what I mean, read the bottle.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there a beer called Red Dog with a red coloring at about the same time frame?

it was after Billy Beer if you’re thinking of this Red Dog beer

1 Like

That must have been what I was thinking of the only thing I know for sure was I only ever had one and I didn’t care for it we went to a chili cook off one time unbeknownst to me the wife and daughter entered me in Jalapeno eating contest when the contest was over they gave the contestants a red dog beer.