Idle problems

Car runs fine when foot is on the pedal, but when you let off, it idles really low, and the car dies out. I changed the IAC valve and the throttle position sensor. Any suggestions?

Make, model, mileage?

Problem could be a vacuum leak or low compression.

2000 lincoln towncar 140,562

Check Engine or Service Engine Soon light on?

Maintenance info? Plugs, wires, filters? You changed the IAC, but did you bother to check its power supply? Also check the fuel pressure.

yea service engine soon light came on what is the power supply? and how do u check it?

Oy. You need a repair manual. The IAC is an electric motor. It has wires going to it. The wires have to bring in electricity to make the electric motor run. You take a multimeter and measure the voltage showing up at the IAC.

Take the car to an auto parts store and have them pull the error codes. Most do it for free. Write down the exact code(s) in the format “P1234” and post the exact codes. Skip whatever the parts store lackey said about it.

And the maintenance stuff?

could the IAC i put on be an defect?

and how much volts should the IAC have going to it?

You’re probably supposed to have 10-12V at the IAC with key on engine off. Did you clean the intake passages when you replaced it?

no i didnt know.

ok what would make an 95 dodge truck with 230000 miles shift hard

“what would make an 95 dodge truck with 230000 miles shift hard” Auto or manual transmission?

auto

what would make an 95 dodge truck with 230000 miles shift hard

Lots of things

Can you be more specific? Much more specific?

on my 2000 lincoln town car when i put it in park some times it makes a whurrling nosie and suggetions