I was touched by a Drunken Master, help

@the same mountainbike–I share your disgust with those who drive while intoxicated, but–unless I’m missing something–I think that the freelance automotive mechanic was the one who was drunk.

Or…was the OP also intoxicated?

Anyone?

VDC, I read the post again and you may be right. If I wrongly accused the OP, I offer my sincere apologies. My mind painted a picture based on the tone of the post that may not be accurate. Generally if someone doesn’t mind others having a “buzz” on, it’s because they do so themselves and consider it normal and acceptable, and the comment about returning to Walgreens to “slam back beers until I reach enlightenment” had a bad sound to me.

Again, if I’m mistaken I apologize.

whoa whoa whoa…Mountain bike guy…I was NOT the one drinking here, read the post again and for the record I lost my sister at the age of 24 to a drunk driver. That was the second post suggesting that I not drink when in fact I don’t. This is my first post on car talk and I was expecting the forum to reflect the jovial nature of the show I listen to (that my mother listens to and turned me on to) so with that said, I apologize if I was a bit too tongue in cheek with my original post. I admit it was somewhat abridged for the reader’s benefit however the basic facts are described as best as can be. I am streetwise and cautious enough to realize this could have been a set up but with the way things went down; timing et al. I figured there was enough legitimacy to the situation to run it by a collective of people who could possibly discern a mechanical precedent.

I do appreciate the majority of responses…actually ALL the responses and I will definitely stick around. Thanks for all input everyone…I dropped the truck off this morning and we shall see what we see and next time I will try to be more direct and a bit less…whatever you call it.

@unoecho, TSM is being a bit testy today. I recognized your tongue-in-cheek wit with your writing and kinda enjoyed it. I hope you do stick around and share the humor. It helps lighten the mood around here in true Click-and-Clack spirit. And please let us know what the mechanic finds.

You have my sincerest and humblest apology.
I had to watch the EMTs peel my son up off he road in front of my house when he was six. Fortunately, he wasn’t permanently maimed, but he did spend six months in and out of a “spiker” cast, and more months on crutches and in physical therapy, and it altered my perception forever.

Sincere condolences on your sister. Hopefully someday people will get serious about stopping drunk driving.