I Think We Need Another Oil Thread

After reading more from my own link, I saw the following:

Formulated with more anti wear additives that stay in your oil longer, FSwMT supplies 40% more anti-wear film than Mobil 1*.

So, I guess the extra ‘anti-wear film’ would be either too much or useless for a newer engine.

I know this thread seems like this to some people:

que sera…

So FSwMT is Valvoline? I’m a gonna stick with Mobil 1 though.

Yes, FSwMT is Valvoline 0W-20 motor oil. It explains that in the full paragraph that I cut and pasted from.

My three vehicles take 4.5, 4.8 and 5.5 quarts respectively. Five quart jugs work great for me!

Joe Guy, My 2012 Camry LE takes 1,6 Qt when it is down to the fill line. At least that is what the book says. I have never seen it down even a half quart. The book also says it takes 4.7 quarts to fill but it takes 5 full quarts to hit the full mark.

Sorry, I didn’t click on the price tag to get to the Walmart ad to see the various products.

English sports cars… We can’t STOP the leaks… But we can slow them down :grinning:

I can always tell the Brit race car paddock at vintage races by the oil slicks on the pavement!

I just call it the chassis lubrication system :slight_smile:

1 Like

An English car does not leak oil, its marking its territory.

1 Like

Yeah, put a tiny funnel under each leaking seal with a hose to a rust prone area or ball joint etc.

Like the old Harley’s, if there’s no oil under it, there’s none in it.
Simple.

That’s like the old joke about Lucas electrical systems in British cars. Three position switches: On, Off, and flicker.

1 Like