I regret buying a Ford Edge!

I purchased a 2019 Ford Edge ST back in April of 2019 and regretting this ever since. The transmission is progressively getting worse with jerking, slipping and double-gear-shift-feeling. This mainly occurs when shifting into 3rd gear around 30 MPH; however, this also occurs when up/down shifting through the gears as normal. This is suppose to be a performance SUV, however, I would not dare to race a Toyota Prius with this piece of junk.

What does the dealer say?

1 Like

Also; you refer to this being a performance SUV and not daring to race a Prius with the pile of junk.
Does this mean you are racing it?

As you said ā€œSUVā€, not a performance car, or for that matter, truck.
One reviewer said: ā€œ Again, this isnā€™t some torque-vectoring genius like a Focus RS, or a face-melting dragon like a Shelby ā€˜Stang. But in family SUV terms, itā€™s better than a warmed-over tuna casseroleā€.
Same reviewer on the transmission: ā€œ
Left to its own devices, the eight-speed transmission dawdled and served up the occasional rude shift. Sport mode speeds things up, but the Fordā€™s gearbox still became confused or resisted paddled downshifts at times. At no time will you confuse this transmission with, say, the seamless ZF eight-speed in BMWs, Jaguars and other luxury brands, or the dual-clutch units in some high-performance SUVs.ā€œ.

Even with an 8 speed transmission, shifting to 3rd at thirty MPH seems early unless you are under very gentle acceleration.

2 Likes

As @texases implied, this is a warranty issue that should be addressed by a dealer.