I just finished a book

You might enjoy Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance,it has been many years, but thought it a good read at the time. Not the book but riding to get there or getting there to ride is something to consider, I have done both.

I had a Harley Electra glide when I was 21 or 22. At 68, I wouldn’t go near a motorcycle today.

1 Like

Sold my 71 triumph 3 months ago, after hip replacement thinking a kick start is not on my list of things I want to do, wife is like now you want a Harley? I am like no done with cycles. Hear you on no more cycles.

My son in law has 5 motorcycles and he is 75. 3 BMWs, a 1969 Honda 150 and a 2012 Triumph T100. He ride the Triumph mostly but his 74 BMW is pretty sweet too.

1 Like

Well make me feel like a wuss, your son in law is 10 years older than me and has more toys.

Well, he gave up racing 20 years ago.

George wrote:

Was he involved in the appearance of the 30’s and 40’s cars? I’ve always like those, sort of a big gumdrop, FBI looking cars. My family had a Studebaker made in the 1940’s, and that’s probably my favorite car I’ve ever ridden in, ranking by appearance.

That was Raymond Loewy., a famed industrial designer. He also designed those hourglass-shaped salt/pepper shakers, and the case for the first Selectric typewriters. Some of his designs have earned places in the Museum of Modern Art.

Larry

1 Like

I’m the same way, but in a pinch, when I’m behind on reading for a class, I will use the Kindle’s text-to-speech feature to listen to a book while I drive. My retention isn’t quite as good as if I read it or listen to it without distraction, but at least I show up for class having some familiarity with the reading assignment.

1 Like

We enjoy audio books on long drives, I have only ever heard them in a car.

Among other things, Loewy designed the famed 20th Century Limited RR train, and–much later–Air Force One.

Henry Dreyfus did the Broadway. Lowey did the GG1 Locomotive for the Pennsy.

I don’t consider focusing on driving a distraction! I can listen to music OK but think audio books would not be a good idea.