I hear a grinding noise from tire area when in motion and when stopping and happens only intermitten

I hear a grinding noise from tire area when in motion and when stopping and happens only intermittently
i have taken my 06 chevy uplander to 2 auto repair shops and to a chevy dealership repair shop now and all three say they can’t find anything wrong with it. shortly after, the noise happened again but now when it occurs the display screen reads… Service ABS system and service Traction system… when i turn the engine off and back on again the warning is no longer there unless the noise occurs then will read both again… anyone know what causes this?

Wish I did. Whenever I get that noise on my van they tell me it is brake dust. Also my service traction system light has been on every since the warrenty expires. Dealer told me the repair would be nearly 2K. I decided I could live with it. This van has really been a bummer for me.

You might want to have someone check for a worn wheel bearing. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1792342&cc=1432077

If the wheel bearing worn it can cause the wheel speed sensor to become misaligned with the tone ring in the bearing assembly. This will then cause the ABS and Traction system warnings to come on.

A worn wheel bearing will also cause a grinding noise.

Tester