I have a hood bolt missing. the one i had needed to be tightened

Would need to fill out a requisition form, three weeks later the bolt arrives.

2 Likes

it seems ā€œm8 1.25x25mmā€ threads. can i go to home depot or lowes?

Are you freaking kidding me now??? You have been told no less than 7 times to go to a freaking HARDWARE storeā€¦ How many different ways or times is it going to take for you to understand Hardware store, Hardware store, Hardware store, Hardware store!!!

4 Likes

ive been to ace hardware they dont seem very competent and they dont have anyone staffed to answer questions its just a store

Then go to another one or any hardware storeā€¦ go to the dealerā€¦

I am sorry you have a crappy ACE, but you may not have much better results from other places and if you donā€™t know/understand how to measure a bolt correctly, then you really should just go to the dealer, or find an old maw and paw auto repair shop and ask them if the have one, they probably have a few and will give you oneā€¦ worst case, go to a salvage yard and take one off another carā€¦

is there a reason why i cant use the aforementioned hex flange bolt? the m8 1.25x25mm?? it threads. i took it to my car and tried it.

It you purchased a bolt that fits, there is no reason to visit another hardware store. ā€œ25 mmā€ is the length of the bolt, if it appears to be long enough, use it.

1 Like

IDK what you mean by ā€œtried itā€ - but if you could easily thread it in and it wasnā€™t too much longer than the other one that you pulled out, then you have the right thing. Itā€™s not rocket science and I - along with others - explained this many many posts ago. If it threads in easily, install it. Snug it and the others down firmly - call it just before the ā€œgrunt.ā€ Donā€™t over do it. Check them after a week of driving to see if any came loose.

Go to a dealer; they have diagrams to get you the exact right part.

Orā€¦go to an online Mazda parts website. Google ā€œMazda parts onlineā€. They will have diagrams, and you can order the part you need.

Donā€™t make this too hard.

Too late!!!

6 Likes

Travel to a car dealer, order the bolt, then return to the dealer after the bolt is shipped from the warehouse. Burn $10 in gasoline for a common bolt?

1 Like

Why do some people think everybody has dealer just down the road?

I know of some people who would have to drive 30-40 miles to get to the closest dealer.

Tester

1 Like

i fixed it. i feel proud. had to replace the top bolts for both sides cause with just one it didnt want to let the other one in.

?? Grappling with the meaning of that. The picture is blurry worthless-ness. If you had the right thread it should have just threaded right in.

ā€œF - Troopā€ maybe?

1 Like

45 minutes to get to my Lexus dealer. lol.

Why the Laugh out loud ? Not sure why we need to know how far you are from a dealer.

1 Like

Cheers, Volvo :beers:

Itā€™s a lovely day here in Newyork. The weather is cool and nice. And I felt like verifying testerā€™s statement on distance to get to a dealer :sunglasses:

Yeah the Acura dealer is 60 miles away so I like late morning appointments.

The bolts at hardware stores are usually SAE 2. Most automobile bolts are at least 5. It may not matter for the hood.