I can t stop lovin' you

I’ll just chime in. You just never know and you can win or lose. The local bike store used to do go karts to so I’d stop in and look around after school. One day they had a fairly new Briggs engine sitting there for $5. Didn’t run. I bought it and couldn’t figure out the problem but the neighbor kids dad took it apart and found the timing gears off a couple gears. Ran like a champ after that.

Then I bought a non-working Wizard motor bike from a kid for $10. He said it didn’t run. Sure enough, we tried everything and never did get it to run. I’m not even sure what happened to it but I suspect my dad took it to the dump. Win some lose some. You pays your money and you takes your chance.

My 67 Chevelle SS with the 327 and the 2sp powerglide would KILL the Civic.....By a LOT.

I’d be surprised the 283 couldn’t beat it also.

Never did do a drag race or anything, but it certainly FELT faster than the Chevelle. The motor and tranny were both originals, so they were old and tired.

A guy around town here has a Cobra kit car in the Shelby blue with white stripes. Never seen it for myself, but I’ve heard lots of people talk about it.

When I get a garage built onto the house, I’ll be looking real hard at one of those build-a-car bodies that YearOne sells for Mustangs. I only see a 65-66 body shell for convertibles, though, which would be my ideal body style, but for the 67.

So at work hey were going to toss a partner saw engine, horizontal drive, rpm clutch engaged motor, now I am going to build myself a go kart, any experienced advice? Thinking a kt somewhere,

Well, a plain Jane '66 Barracuda with a 273 cid V8/automatic did 0-60 in 12.9 seconds, which should be similar to a Chevelle with a 283 cid V8/automatic. A 2013 Civic EX-L automatic did it in 9.1 seconds.

Take a look at Northern Automotive (Hydralics). They have a lot of go kart parts. Have a welder? Pipe bender or can use one or do you need to buy a frame? Decide where you want to use it if on pavement or dirt. Myself, I’d put bigger wheels on it to use off road. Then you’ve got to decide if for two people or one. Not much fun going alone.