I can t stop lovin' you

There are a few that I wish I’d bought but chickened out on, including a Triumph Spitfire, and MGB, and an MGTF. I can’t even fit into these cars anymore.

Nearly all of them! I never had the room to store them. And the very few I did store just rotted away.

I feel that if I didn’t need the money at the time, I would probably still have my 65 Chevelle.

@bscar2 Yes, a Chevelle allright. I had a 1966 model, which had a somewhat smoother front end. Great cars, except for the 2 speed Powerglide transmission. The 283 V8 ran flawlessly.

beautiful chevelle, reminds me of the 442s

After @Bing’s comment I’m thinking back to those Dodge ads of the 1960’s and i’m having evil thoughts of Carolyn standing next to a '68 Charger in hot pants and go-go boots. (Is she even old enough to know what go-go boots are?)

i can see carolyn blushing from here…

I am having trouble deciding on a favorite. There was so many pavement buckling muscle cars and pavement carving sports cars. I am leaning towards the 1996 Miata but am still not sure.

Kind of wish I had my wife’s '69 AMC Javelin back. Actually I wish I had a nice '69 Javelin back- not one that was rusted out and real temperamental about starting. Sold it in "83 for $300 and probably got the better side of the deal. Small 6, automatic.

Mayday Red White and Blue 68/69 AMX 390cu in 4Spd M/T comes in a close second of my most realistically coveted vehicles. Number one is 1965 Shelby GT 350 which is probably no longer realistic.

@sgtrock21 I called on a Sunday newspaper ad for a '69 AMX 390 several years ago. It was priced very low for the time. It was one of those days when the roads were snow packed and icy, and the snow was coming down sideways. The road crews had worked on the state highways, but the county roads I’d need to drive on were untouched. The car was about 60 miles from here. I talked to the guy on the phone, and decided to wait for better weather, probably the next day. When I called back after work on Monday, I found that he’d sold the car to some idiot who was willing to take his life into his own hands and go 60 miles on ice. Only later did I find out that the idiot was another car nut friend I’d known for a long time. He enjoyed it for several years. I know he sold it, but was not aware when.

I don’t have just one that I regret not keeping and can’t narrow it down that much. The ones I still miss terribly…

1959 Corvette with removeable hardtop. Crude but pure joy to drive with the top off at night. In the summertime the car is a 4 wheeled oven even at night unless you’re doing 60 MPH.

1959 2 Door HT Impala, black with pure orange interior. Just loved the color and bat wing styling.

1969 Superbee. Spring green, black tail stripe, black interior and vinyl roof. Just a very pretty and fast car.

1968 Roadrunner; my first all out muscle car in B-5 Blue. Zero optioned; just a brute motor and 4 speed transmission. I still have the Automatic Radio 8-track tape player that was in it and a handful of Creedence and Zeppelin tapes… :slight_smile:

Those 59 Chevys were among my favorites.

@Docnick That was the combination i had in mine; 2bbl 283 with a 2sp. Powerglide. I swear my Civic was faster than the Chevelle. But couldn’t help but love that sound of a V8 with cherry bombs on it.

That was the combination i had in mine; 2bbl 283 with a 2sp. Powerglide. I swear my Civic was faster than the Chevelle.

My 67 Chevelle SS with the 327 and the 2sp powerglide would KILL the Civic…By a LOT.

I’d be surprised the 283 couldn’t beat it also.

My 56 Desoto with the 330 cube Firedome hemi, it was a huge comfortable 4dr. with a push button trans that I used to hunt 4 passenger T-Birds ans Olds 88s with in 1962.

That Desoto, I think it was a 54 though is what my BIL had. Not sure if he had the hemi in it or not but it would go and solid as a rock. For fun he’d be going down the road and slow to about 20 mph and pop it in reverse. The wheels would squeel going backwards until he’d drop it back in drive again. You try that now and there’d be transmission parts all over the road.

@ken green
with that Cordoba, don’t forget the “rich Corinthian leather”.

@DrDyno Make that “Reeech Coreeenthian Leather”!

“i can t stop lovin’ you”

I think of that as Ray Charles’ song more than Nelson.