I am so cheap:

On an interstate highway I got in the vacuum of a speeding semi tractor trailer rig. Went 90 miles before I exited. Used about two gallons of gasoline.

Would be interesting to do the same observing real-time miles/gallon readout in our SUV.

Apparently you missed the point that this thread was started by R. Gift as a way to just pull chains.

Not sure why you over reacted to the fact that following close as that is not a good idea and has nothing to do with city stop and go traffic.

3 Likes

Bull. You calculated wrong.

2 Likes

Yes. Probably 1.75 gallons.
(Twas a 2013 Camry)
(Also heading straight south so the centrifugal force of the earth was also helping.)

MUST you feed the troll?

6 Likes

HUH??? Youā€™re so full of it. You havenā€™t a clue what youā€™re talking about. Please donā€™t discuss subjects you know nothing about (like math and science).

1 Like

Correct. I failed to consider the influence of the prevailing southwesterlyvinds blowing the semiā€™s vacuum path to theast. Such enabled me to travel ihis vacuum in lane #2 instead of being directly behind him in lane #3.

1 Like

HUH??? Youā€™re so full of it.

With that much fertilizer he should have a good garden with plenty to spare for the neighbors garden.

1 Like

And yet, despite proper following distances, itā€™s amazing how often it happens in town traffic. Water misting? Wind? Negative pressure air currents? Donā€™t know. It must be a modern water miracle. Who knew weā€™d find God in the washer jets?

1 Like

Who knew you spelled troll with a V.

When I grew up in Buffalo, I used to pick blackberries, raspberries, and there was even a plum tree in our neighborhood on public land that produced fruit.

Donā€™t you have a flat-earth meeting to attend. Your knowledge of simple math and science is right up there with that group of idiots.

They threw me out because I.nsisted thearth was a hollow sphere.

2 Likes

Ah ha ha ha. For those uninitiated, it is fairly easy to pull chains around here. One false word and heads explode.

2 Likes

You leave 2 1/2 car lengths at a traffic light? 5 feet sure but 50?

I tried following a truck closely in the 70ā€™s for the draft, too scary and my engine was overheating due to lack of air flow. Never got over spray for windshield washer, If you need $5 that bad try go fund me.

2 Likes

I hate to tell you but back in 1966 there was no ā€œGo Fund Meā€. In fact no one I ever talked to even dreamed of a funding system such as that. We studied money and banking where we thought the money was.

I wonder if immodium can successfully treat diarrhea of the mouth? If it can, robert needs some.

3 Likes

Made it to FL and back in my girlfriends Gremlin on change in my change jar, I do not think pre go fund me applies to gifted ones. :wink: