Hybrid Highlander 2010 problem

Hi I just bought new Hybrid Highlander 2010 and have driven only ~1000 miles. The problem I’m having is at times when I’m making a right turn (apparently it happens more when I’m entering the turn at higher speed), I can sense “tick” “tick” “tick” from the steering wheel. The sound is almost not audible but I can surely feel it from the steering wheel (btw, I’m not crazy). I’m not sure whether I should be concerned about this or the car needs to be taken into the service center for repair… I just can’t figure out what could possibly be wrong with a brand new car. This prompted me to join the forum here because I’ve been a fan of this show. Please help me if you have any idea as to what could be causing this. Thank you very much in advance.

Bring it in. Any strange noises on any brand new car should be checked out immediately under warranty. That’s what the warranty is for. Use it.

+1 to mountainbike’s comment.

The OP should realize that it is not his/her job to provide a diagnosis to the service dept.
He/she should report the symptoms in as much detail as possible (but without extraneous information), and if possible, get a mechanic to ride along for a demonstration of the problem. Then, the service department will go through whatever diagnostic protocol is specified by Toyota for steering noise problems.

Think about it–If you provide a diagnosis, and the service dept replaces parts based on that diagnosis, but the diagnosis proves to be wrong, who do you think would pay for the parts? (Hint: It would not be Toyota or the dealership!)

The car is under multiple warranties. If you want to avail yourself of free repairs under the warranties, you have to allow the dealership to diagnose the problem. This may require more than one attempt, but in the meantime you should begin to educate yourself about the specifics of the Lemon Law in your state. To do that, go to:
www.lemonlawamerica.com

Thank you very much for your responses. I’ll take it to service dept. tomorrow and see what they say.

If the mechanic can’t hear it, offer to take the service advisor out for a drive. If they still can’t hear it, find another dealer. All Toyota dealers can provide warranty repairs.

This is why new vehicles come with warranties. Take it back to the dealer and let them take care of it.