Humming in Front Wheel Well?

I recently bought a used 2001 Kia Rio and every once and a while there is a loud humming noise in the front right wheel area. It only happens 2-3 times a week and it only happens for about 5 seconds and then it’s gone. I’ve heard what it sounds like when a bearing goes out and I’m pretty sure that’s not what it is. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Is this only when the car is first started up? Then last a few seconds and then goes away.

no this happens when it’s warmed up and just going down the road

not much info to go on over the 'net.

more info, when does it happen? what were you doing when it DID happen? (cornering, straight? stopping? etc etc.)

There’s really not enough info here. The sound could be coming from the right side of the dash, anywhere under the hood, or underneath the right side of the car. Is it speed related? Does it change if you step on the brake? Accelerate? Turn? Put on or turn off the AC or defroster? Radio on or off? How are the tires? Are they evenly worn? New, old, different left and right? More info please.

The only guess I have is a pad hanging on a disk. Ask your mechanic to take a look at the car, though.