How to remove cord for antenna?

I wonder if there’s some sort of gadget used to remove stuck connectors like that? Not everyone has super- strong arms and hands. Plus very easy to hurt your hands when it comes apart all of a sudden and your hand slams into something hard or sharp. It seems like a small gadget with two parts, where you clamp one part of each side, then turn a screw to push the connectors apart.

No because she was handling the whole thing herself without assistance and the guy probably was just in the way or unhelpful.

I feel like having a good vice attached to a sturdy, heavy table would have really helped. Then I could have used both hands and even my body weight to really pull the cord out. It was tough to hold the broken piece while pulling on the cord, so a vice would have helped. Pliers were worthless for holding on to it. I did use a little bit of penetrating oil too because I saw it on a video (replacing a comparable part on a different car,) and I had it laying around and figured it couldn’t hurt. Not sure if it actually helped at all though- I didn’t see any corrosion or rust.

1 Like

The materials used for electronic connections like that usually don’t rust in the sense that iron rusts, but they still can oxidize, leaving a nearly invisible residue. Aluminum for example oxidizes to aluminum oxide, which nearly invisible.

1 Like

Oh! I didn’t know that! Maybe the penetrating oil helped after all!