How to make an old Volvo better on snow and ice

Are you from the government and here to help me?

If I can’t put cinder blocks and scrap metal in the trunk, where do you suggest I put them? In the passenger compartment? Tied to the roof?

Did you really think I was saying put cinder blacks, kitty litter and scrap metal in the rear passenger seat?

If I can’t put cinder blocks and scrap metal in the trunk, where do you suggest I put them? In the passenger compartment? Tied to the roof?

I believe we are talking about a Volvo 960 wagon that offers no protection from “cinder blocks and scrap metal” in any collision/rollover. What ever survival chance you think you might have in that “revered” Volvo roll cage just went out the window while ducking cinder blocks and scrap metal (what a thought) bouncing around the compartment. If you think a 16 year old girl knows how to adequately secure same, I’d be impressed. I suggest like ALL advice on adding weight from any competent recognized consumer agency that you don’t even consider using it. Bags of sand that will break apart on contact with a surface is often a first suggestion, and even that should be confined.
What next ? Rocks, chain and barbed wire ? I suppose anything with weight is acceptable. Not.
BTW, doubled wrapped “tube sand” is pretty darn cheap at just a few dollars a 70 lb bag to consider many inappropriate substitutes. Though bags of uncured concrete makes sense too…a little messy if it leaks or gets wet.

Correction accepted. So your suggestion is to never transport anything in the back of a station wagon. Got it. Check.

Please don’t take it out of context and read all…esp, the last statement;got it, check.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/446511

Among other discussions.

Have you ever been hit with a bag of sand going 40 miles an hour? Doesn’t matter if the bag breaks, and chances are it won’t anyway.

You’re arguing against physics and those who have experience in “cleaning up” after accidents and have responsibility to collect data on them. It’s which is the safest. You poor choice survivors can recommend all the scrap metal and concrete block treatments you want. The non survivors aren’t around to change their minds.

Have you ever been hit with a bag of sand going 40 miles an hour?

Have you ever been hit by logic, reading comprehension or the willingness to google “best” weight options yourself ? Heck, don’t take my word for it.