Thanks to the unidentified phantom battery drain hidden somewhere in the deep recesses of my B250 camper van, my brand-new Costco Kirkland Signature battery went dead. I pulled it out of the van and put it on a 10-amp charger. It’s been charging for about 5 hours now, and the ammeter has dropped from the initial 10 amps or so down to the 1-2 amp range, though it’s hard to get an exact reading because the gauge has a pretty wide range, and the needle is close to zero. When I pull the charger clamps off and take a voltage reading, the battery shows 13.2 volts.
Is that enough of a charge, or should I leave it on overnight? I want to get a full charge but not cook the battery. It’s a 1000 amp/795 CCA lead/acid.
I could also switch chargers and put on a 1 amp trickle charger overnight, if that would be preferable.