How is a wheel alignment performed on a car with non-adjustable camber, toe and caster?

Can you post the “printout” of the alignment that shows all the readings?

Firestone gave me this paper and I went with it to Honda. They looked at it and said that there is nothing more that they can do.

Front toe is always adjustable. Rear toe used to be adjustable on Hondas and I have not heard that that has changed. But it looks to me that both front and rear toe settings are pushing the car to the left if the steering wheel is perfectly straight and you have to correct by steering slightly to the right. But the correction should not be very much and within what most cars have to do.

The only thing I would be concerned about is the right rear camber, but for tire wear, it is not a problem. In fact, I don’t see anything that is going to lead to excessive tire wear. Just make sure your tires are properly inflated and you should not have a problem.

First, EVERY parameter of an alignment can be adjusted. Just because the factory didn’t provide a method, doesn’t mean it can’t be done!

Second, many shops WON’T adjust alignment if the factory didn’t provide a way to do adjustments. Avoid those places.

Third, it is no surprise that the dealer “couldn’t” do anything. They, of all the possible entities, are kind of tied to whatever the OEM does.

If the country wasn’t so litigation happy a dealer might go further with a repair. Dealers get sued for far less than adding an adjustable component to an alignment situation.

2 Likes

Isn’t this the Accord that pulls to the right? Seems hard to imagine the only way to solve it is with non-oem parts. Another idea, could that be caused by weak springs? Roads tend to tilt to the right for water-run off purposes, and a car w/weak springs would tilt more than a new car. Alignments are done on a level surface, so weak springs wouldn’t be noticed.