How do I end site membership enrollment

I’d like to withdraw my membership enrollment, how is that done? I looked all over even in the TOS but didn’t see a mention of how to quit.

So soon? Why? Just stick around.

“You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!”

2 Likes

Just walk away. After a time, you won’t be able to sign in. Delete your cookies and you will be locked out of the site and will have to do a whole new one if you want to come back to comment.

Please Clarify, is this a charge automatically billed to your credit card for a roadside protection or something? Or this site?

If you really want to leave this site, just abandon it and don’t sign in again. You never get spam or other email anyway, so effectively you will just be gone. If you’re adamant about your account being deleted, probably Cyberbabe can delete you if you send her a message.

Aren’t we forgetting to mention the ‘jump out’ to him, like all self respecting gangs have?

It’s probably an “atrophy” plan as others have suggested. Don’t use it and it will go away on it’s own.

Although the ‘atophy’, or ‘just leave’ plans may have merit, I prefer the ‘clean-cut’ plan.

Besides, is my expectation to be able to quit at will unreasonable? One of the main reasons I never joined facebook is because I heard they never let you quit.

Someone asked why, although the main catalyst was too many ‘moderated contributions’, the reality is that I’m spending too much time here. The implication of membership is participation, I know it’s not required but it is expected.

Non-member site visitors also enjoy the site, but in a different way, I’d like to join them via the ‘clean-cut’ plan if permitted.

Hmmm, I don’t know about moderated, some of us have gotten a little nuts on a couple threads but no one has said anything. I think they’ve been pretty tolerant.

Just think of it as sitting at a table with some folks and everyone chimes in once in a while. You don’t have to, but if you can add something all the better. Or if you want to just go sit at a different table and listen in, I guess that’s ok but its nice to hear from more people.

You could have a friend of yours go into your profile and change key fields to values they never disclose to you:

• Change your name from LetsPlayArmis to something different
  • Change the email address you use to something different
  • Change your password

Won’t that essentially do what you’re trying to accomplish?

LetsPlayArmis…if you do find a way to completely remove your history and other information please let us know. I’ve been on the site for many years without problems…but you never know.

Participation is not required or expected on this forum. Many people join the forum, ask one question, and never post again. It would be nice to know the outcome of the situation, but many of us don’t expect to hear back again. Others may join, ask a question, get some answers, say thanks, then come back a couple years later with another question. This forum is whatever you need or want it to be.

I sort of know what you mean by spending too much time here, though. I’ve been here almost every day for the last five or six years, but keep coming back because I enjoy helping others and shooting the bull with the other regulars. It fits into my life well, and if it didn’t, I would just stop participating.

Like someone else said:
@cyberbabe should be able to help you out

Spending too much time here ? Like many do, just slide in and out as you feel the urge.

You cant end it…We will be with you FOREVER…HA HA HA HA HA.

I hope you will stick around. There are some top notch professional mechanics who give great advice and tips. There are also posters from many other professions who have ideas. I find some of the discussion topics about issues other than automobiles interesting. I have had a lot of fun posting on this forum and I’m obviously no mechanic.

Good man, twotone. Goodnight said the nightman.

You can never leave the “family”. Not unless you want to wake up with a horse head nearby.
Sleep tight!

Lol @Twinturbo^

And just as you think you’re out, they pull you back in!