How can I temporarely fix broke brake line on a 1995 Honda accord

@George Trucks of that period had soft cab bushings resulting in a lot of movement between the cab and frame. The steel/rubber line may have been to allow for this movement. Most pick-ups had coiled brake lines from the master cylinder to the frame to allow for movement, this is how you should arrange your replacement line. Buy a brake line that is 2 to 3 feet longer than needed and create coils 4 to 6 inches in diameter with the extra length.

I bought this one from Home depot but had to special order it.

https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/plumbing-tools/pipe-expanding-bending-extracting-flaring-tools/pipe-flaring-tools/rothenberger-roflare-single-double-flaring-tool-3-16-1-4-5-16-3-8-1-2-5-8/p-1444452509151-c-8604.htm?tid=5857543092884290063

The two dies spin to select the proper size die.
Then I found that you had to also order this to do the double flares.

https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/plumbing-tools/pipe-expanding-bending-extracting-flaring-tools/pipe-flaring-tools/rothenberger-double-flare-attachment-3-16-1-4-5-16-3-8-1-2/p-1444452508729-c-8604.htm?tid=5857543092884290063

It’s a handy tool and grips the tubing much better than the style shown from Harbor Freight.

I have two of that style and always had trouble. The flaring cone would always push the tubing down rather than flare it.

Yosemite

You should not even ask this panel to offer a solution. Your vehicle is dangerous and should be TOWED to a suitable repair shop.

2cadane33
I don’t recommend doing this, of course, (you didn’t read it here), especially for road use, but back in the day, we would build off-road dune-buggies by removing the body and shortening Volkswagen type 1 floor pan/frame, installing bigger jugs and Holley Bug Spray carb on the engine and installing a Tee-Pee exhaust system, huge rear tires/rims, fiberglass bucket seats, roll cage, among other things.

We didn’t run front brakes, only rears. We would shorten or splice brake lines by going to a local hardware store and buying brass (1/8" I believe it was) compression unions. Stick the nut and ferule on each line end to be spliced, put the “barrel” in there, insert the lines and tighten those compression nuts. They worked great, although not safe for road use. :neutral:

Besides, I don’t know if Honda and VW have the same diameter lines.
CSA

@“common sense answer”

I have always carried one of those brass compression fittings in the tool box in my truck.

Living in the rust belt, I’ve had a line blow out more than once. It always allowed me to make the trip back to my shop to do a proper repair.

Yosemite

I’ve had a heck of a time trying to find those compression fittings in metric sizes . Finally found the ones I needed but it wasn’t easily found .