Honda's 5th-Gear (Manual Transmission) Pops-Out Into Neutral

Hello, my 92 Honda Accord Ex’s(2-door)5th-gear (Manual Transmission) pops-out into neutral every time I attempt to shift from 4th to 5th gear. This problem started last Tuesday, Feb. 10th while driving on the freeway on my way to work . All six gears(including reverse) work just fine. Just 5th gear pops-out into neutral every single time I purposely or accidently attempted. It just won’t work, and the 1 to 2 times that I experimented in trying to hold it into place, it would faithfully push-back and would shake right into neutral. I’m not 100% sure, but I think I might have been successful in shifting from 4th to 5th only once (driving at a lower speed of approx. 30 to 35 mph.). This would have happened yesterday, but now I’m doubting myself, because after that, I once again attempted to drive using my fifth gear, but with no success. Therefore, I would like to figure-out whether it’s a small, simple easily replaceable 5th-gear part, or an expensive transmission-related issue . My car has approximately 385,000 miles and runs pretty good. Also, I would like to know whether or not it’s advisable for me to continue driving my car to work -I work approximately 12-miles away? If not, what is the worst case scenario, if I continue driving my car. Now, I understand you might not be able to give me a clear-cut, full-on guaranteed diagnosis on my car, but I will appreciate your direction and clarity in relation to any possible problem/s my car might be having. Just like most consumers, I too would like to have access to the smartest and most affordable options available to me. Thank you, and I’ll be awaiting your response. God bless!

Ignore - This is a duplicate post answered here: http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/2118454.page

Have the shift linkage checked for wear and if that’s OK, Like Mac said, you now have a 4-speed. Start shopping for a replacement car…