Honda Odyssey spontaneously braking

Listen to Honda Blackbird. I too have seen binding calipers cause your problem on Honda’s. Also frozen caliper slide pins. One of the brakes is probably creating some drag, causing the VSA to activate. You may find uneven brake pad wear on one caliper.

Honda/Acura is recalling numerous SUV’s for this problem. A failed velocity sensor or connector corrosion is being blamed.

Just received a letter from Honda about this problem on our 2007 Honda Odyssey. The part to fix it won’t be available until Spring 2014!! The letter includes a How-To on driving your van until then!! Hopefully you got your letter today or will soon. It is the VSA system causing your problem. So far ours has been ok. They claim they have a video on the Honda.com website but I had no luck getting it to play. Good luck!!

I have a Honda to and it brakes the same as u described did u ever figure out the problem cuz I cant either

I’m not the original poster

You need to click on the @MissR avatar and then you’ll have the chance to send her a personal message

That’s your best bet, because that person hasn’t been active on this forum for over 5 years

Yes! Honda recalled the vans for that reason just 3 months later! Take it to the dealer and ask about a recall. They gave us a good trade in for a new one and no problems now.

You are also mistaken, unfortunately

Everybody seems to think I’m the one that has the problem with the Honda Odyssey van

Not so

I was merely one of the people partaking in the discussion