Honda Manifold

I have a 98 Honda Civic, 118,000 miles on it. Guy says I have cracked manifold, won’t pass inspection. I have been looking online, found alot of stuff from Honda can pay for it to only use Hona parts because if you use an after market part a whole can of worms opens up. Any thoughts, suggestions?

“found alot of stuff from Honda can pay for it to only use Hona parts because if you use an after market part a whole can of worms opens up”

I’m not sure what that says.

But I’d be looking at salvage yards for an intact manifold.

Some of the things I found online state if I call Honda they can pay for it because this has been a on-going thing with Honda and manifolds. Also I heard that if I put in a non Honda part it could start tripping alarms and other issues with the car. I won’t be putting anything in myself I am just trying to fiure out should I go get this replaced at the dealership with Honda parts or where I got it inspected where its cheaper.

Are you talking exhaust or intake? The best place to get this part would be a scrap yard, should be readily available.

You have a 11 year old car. Do you really think Honda will pay for it? Maybe at the 8 year mark they may have but you are well past any warranty at 11 years even “secret”.

My wife had a 96 Civic and they did extend the emissions warranty to 8yrs/150k miles as they got in trouble for having the emmissions controls much less sensitive than EPA required. Unfortunately if this applies to 98 it may be well past.

Our “infalliable” 96 Honda required two o2 sensors and cat converter covered free thankfully at 149k miles. Nice dealer said good news its $1600 making our jaw drop and then stated it was free.