Honda Element fuel system cleaner

A source of Element OEM maintenance items includes “BG 44K Fuel System Cleaner”. Is using such a product advisable or a waste of money?

Read the maintenance schedule that came with the owner’s manual. I don’t think you will find any mention of this product or the need for fuel system cleaning.

If you do, please let us know.

Gasoline has detergents in it (some more than others), by federal law, to keep the fuel system clean. Additional cleaners are not needed, and are considered profit generators when pushed by auto dealers or mechanics. Save your money.

BG 44 is one of the original fuel system cleaners, There were distributors that came by the shop and paid you (under $1.00)for every can you sold. There was a chip (like a poker chip) in every can,you saved the chips and turned them in, got your beer money.

Just my humble opinion, I would not buy it, but some mechanics (good mechanics) are very loyal and think highly of BG 44.

What do you mean “A source of Element(Honda) OEM Maintiance items Includes” Is some company selling “OEM maintiance kits” and they include BG 44? I don’t think Honda is on board with this,please provide some insight.