Honda Accord Shaking

I have a 2008 Honda Accord, 4 cylinder, with 17,000 miles on it. The car sometimes feels like it’s going to stall. What happens is that while I’m stopped at a red light, after about 15-60 seconds the car will shudder or jerk for 1-2 seconds. At the same time, the RPM dips for 1-2 seconds. The car doesn’t and has never stalled, though. It happens every time I take the car out for a spin but happens 0-4 times each time I’m stopped at a red light. It doesn’t happen when I’m in park. It’s been going on for about 6 months. I started noticing it after I got my oil changed, but I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. I’ve gotten my oil changed at a different place since then and the problem has continued. A friend of mine how has a Honda Accord also says her car doesn’t shudder or shake at all. Is this a problem? If so, what could it be? Thanks!

Has A “Check Engine” Or Other Light Ever Come On As A Result Of This “Shuddering” ?

Are There Any unsual sounds like a ticking or knocking sound while it’s jerking ?

Is the car more likely to do this after being drven the frst time of the day or just as likely or more so afer it’s been driven for a while ?

Is the car under warranty ? What does the Honda Dealer Service Representative say about this issue ?

CSA

A 2 year old Honda with only 17k on the odometer should still be under multiple warranties–ergo, the manufacturer is on the hook for all repairs–in most cases. Take it back to the dealership, and just describe the symptoms in as much detail as possible.

Even if someone in this forum offers a diagnosis, do yourself a favor and don’t even bother giving that diagnosis to the dealership’s service department, simply because they have to go through a standardized diagnostic protocol specified by the manufacturer.

If you tell them…“I think that the problem is in the Warp Speed Detector, and I think that you should replace that part”, YOU will be the one responsible for the cost of parts and labor if that diagnosis is incorrect.

On the other hand, if you allow the dealer’s service department to do the diagnosis, the resulting repair costs will be paid by the manufacturer under the terms of the warranty.

Are you sure that you want a diagnosis from us?

Bumper-to-bumper warranty on this vehicle is 3 years/36,000 miles and the powertrain warranty is 5 years/60,000 miles. Make an appointment at the dealership as soon as possible and let them fix it for you under warranty.

VDCdriver, I Get The Impression That The Honda Owner Is Nervous About The Consequences Of Bypassing The Dealer Service Department And Patronizing Oil Change Places.

I started noticing it after I got my oil changed, but I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. I’ve gotten my oil changed at a different place since then and the problem has continued.

Owner does show concern by saying, " . . . but I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. " (regarding the oil change)

Should the owner head right to the Dealer without concern or should Owner maybe question the oil change ?

CSA