Honda Accord 2015 Wire hanging below the rear tire

Hey there car community, So I noticed something weird on my car today, there is a wire or some kind of hose which seems to be unplugged from my car it’s located below next to the left side of the rear wheel. Wondering if it’s normal or does it need to be plugged in somewhere? Is it safe to drive? . I have attached a picture below

Not normal, nor is the apparently broken bracket of some kind next to it. Take to a trusted shop and have them evaluate the situation. I’m thinking it’ll take more than just plugging it back in. No warning lights on the dash?

4 Likes

Nope, no warning lights.

What engine is in the vehicle??

It’s a 3.5L V6 DOHC

1 Like

I’d guess it’s some kind of wheel/ABS sensor…but I’d expect there to be some kind of warning light in that case.

BTW… that tire is looking a little low on tread. Might be the light, but you might need to consider some new tires soon. It sneaks up on you; believe me, I know…

2 Likes

Alright thanks Buddy.Will do consider changing.

Yeah, wife came home from coffee this morning and said tire is low. No kidding. 20# and roofing nail in it. So good time to look and at 5/32, five years old and 45,000. Think I’ll just replace them before winter. I don’t like having a patched tire.

Yeah you just need to crawl under and take a look on the wire. I would suspect the wheel sensor. Maybe hit something and broke it off.

2 Likes

Here’s how to check tire wear using a penny (just about bald) and a quarter (time to replace, even though not down to the ‘wear bars’):
Measuring Tire Tread Depth | Penny Tire Test | Discount Tire

1 Like

For about $5 you can buy an actual tire gauge. Green, yellow, red in mm or 32nds. Quick and handy.

3 Likes

I have a stick gauge with 1/32 increments marked on the stick. Set the base on the tire and press the stick into the tread. Very basic and that’s all I need.

1 Like

Definitely not normal, and must be repaired asap. Deferring repair may result in substantial increase to repair fee

1 Like

Looks like debris from another vehicle slung over the rear control arm, have you tried to reach under the car to remove it?

2 Likes

I agree with Nevada, I have looked at pictures of every emissions part, abs sensor (def not abs) that I can find on rock auto and nothing looks like that…
It looks like a COP with the mounting tab broke off…
I don’t believe that if it came off OPs car, and the CEL has not come on yet, if all the systems are working as normal then it seem like road debris…

1 Like

Does it have back up sensors?

I can almost read the part number off of it.

1 Like

That does look like a parking assist sensor and the other part looks like a headlight washer mount.

1 Like