Honda Accord 2000 Won't Start After Sitting for 4 months

Hi all,

Looking for some help & direction here. Car ran great prior to sitting for 4 months. Tried to jump it and it wouldn’t turn over, so i figure the battery was dead. I replaced the batter with a new one, had fresh fuel added.

I then thought perhaps it might be the started, so I removed it and had it tested and it passed (it’s working). Car still wont crank. I turn the key and there is nothing not a sound, except the fuel pump. No crank nor click?

Not sure where to go from here? Any all advise is welcome.

Check the shift interlock switch. Should be a way to bypass it.

Won’t crank, even with a jump? that points to a bad connection between the battery and the starter. take off the cables, clean both ends and replace. But check the cables for internal corrosion first

It could also be the starter relay, but most cars that is part of the starter. if it’s separate in your car, check that also

If the car has an automatic transmission, turn the ignition on so the dash lights come on, step on the brake pedal and shift the transmission into neutral and then try starting the engine.

If the engine starts, there’s a problem with the park/neutral safety switch on the transmission.

If the car has a manual transmission, unplug the clutch pedal inter-lock switch and plug a jumper wire into the electrical connector going to the switch.

If the engine starts, there’s a problem with the clutch pedal inter-lock switch.

Tester