Hockey pucks instead of body frame bushings

There are no hills in Wisconsin, unless you live in the Dells, of course. :wink:

2 Likes

Trolley jack? Must be an English author. I knew what they were made of but I donā€™t know how cheap they are. Might be the replacement for duct tape.

So, you are prepared in case you ever need to replace one frame bushing!
:wink:

2 Likes

Hillbilly is a state of mind. More hills than Grand forks ND, Joke was kid saw an overpass and asked if it was a mountain. I am so old we did not have grooves on the edge of the puck. Had 125ā€™ elevation change for riding my bike 5 mike to work. La Crosse and the east road along the river have some pretty good hills.

1 Like

only if i donā€™t have to drill through it! Itā€™s an in game one so it has the team logo printed on it! If it was a plain black practice puck on the other handā€¦

2 Likes

Just like in Florida! I helped a friend move his stuff to Madison when weā€™re in college, and it seemed mighty flat. He said the rest of the state was quite flat too. He got around; his wifeā€™s grandparents had a farm up north.

Can this be caused by worn body frame bushings? Both front doors are like this. Difficult to close unless you slam it.

More likely caused by worn hinges.

4 Likes

i agree with texases had this happen on my 72 camaro rs/ss changed the hinges and everything was back to normal

1 Like

I have a body and paint book with a picture of the guy adjusting the door hinges using a 2x4. Gots tā€™ know what youā€™re doinā€™.

2 Likes

I use hockey pucks on the metal saddles of a couple of my hydraulic jacks to avoid metal to metal contact. Itā€™s not always necessary but I do it anyway. Based on my limited use of the pucks, I donā€™t think they would last long enough. It might be the way they are made but I find that under pressure they crack fairly easy after awhile. They arenā€™t intended to hold up under that kind of use I think. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like