HOAT coolant

I just got an 06 Jeep Liberty. I wanted to top off the coolant tank. It has the orange color coolant now. It calls for HOAT coolant in the manual. Is it possible to use DexCool coolant, or should I only use HOAT coolant.
thanks

HOAT is the universal long life coolant that mixes with anything. This is your orange and yellow colered dexcool compatible Prestone as well as Zerex and Peak and a number of other store brands. Dexcool is an OAT coolant which is not compatible with some of the older antifreezes that are or were on the market.

HOAT and OAT are the corrosion protection packages used in antifreeze. Most antifreeze products are ethylene glycol based but there are some antifreezes on the market that are safer around pets and for the environment based on propylene glycol that may also have the HOAT additives.

Use any of the major brand long life antifreezes, no matter which color and you will be OK.

DeathCool is a OAT, Organic Acid Technology coolant.

Your vehicle calls for a Hybrid Organic Acid Technology coolant.

So I wouldn’t use the DeathCool.

Tester

One more thing to add, dexcool is sort of pinkish, not orange. Prestone makes an orange colored HOAT and that is probably what you have. The color is just a colorant though.

Interesting re: Dex-Cool:

Last line: “…don’t mix Dex-Cool with ANYTHING.”

Dexcool is for GM vehicles

OP has a mopar

Seems to me, if there’s any doubt, just get some coolant from the local mopar dealer

Ahh the wonderful dexcool paste that pic brings back memories.

I haven’t had any problems with Dexcool and its been about 5 years now. I plan to change it when I replace hoses but it was already drained once with a radiator replacement caused by a slow coon. I wanted to change it 5 years ago but two GM dealers and an independent shop said there should be no problems if you don’t introduce air into the system and change it after 5 years.

“GM dealers and an independent shop said there should be no problems if you don’t introduce air into the system and change it after 5 years.”

That’s the problem with Dexcool…hoses break, heater cores rupture and water pumps leak and you are left with a nasty mess after the leak is fixed. That’s just one of the hundred reasons I hate Dexcool. There is no reason for it’s existence in the first place because the good old green stuff is still around.

ive fixed lots of gm car with dexcool problem and would stay away from it