Help!

So iv got two brand new front tyres on my ford xr6 and it seems that something on the suspension is rubbing on both sides can I bend it out of the way ? Or is there something I can do to fix it help me please

Did you change the size of your tires?

The old ones are 245/30zr20 and the new ones are 225/35zr20

I doubt you can bend it, looks like a substantial part of the suspension. What was the stock tire size for this car? Your new tires are about 10mm bigger in diameter than your previous set, it looks like you’ve discovered the limit to clearance on it.

So the only way to stop it is to get the front ones changed again ? Or when I get the back ones done will it balance it out ?

I suggest going to tires that actually fit your car. Even if something could be bent or otherwise adjusted, I don’t think that would be a very good idea.

I just brought them like 2 weeks ago so I have to fork out more money for new ones gezzzz anyways thanks for your help guys

There should be a replacement tire size sticker on one of the door jambs that will tell you the correct size. In the meantime, if you haven’t done too much damage to these, you might be able to resell them and get at least some of your money back.

The mechanic that fitted them said they were different and I asked would there be a problem with the difference he said it will be fine obviously it’s not so is it up to them to replace it

The Ford site shows 18s as standard and 19s as options but if the 20s were not a problem until now then the problem has to be caused by:
The taller profile of the 35 series tires even if the width is narrower.
Loose wheel bearings or ball joints.

If the bearings and ball joints are fine then about the only option is different tires or the addition of wheel spacers.

Will the new front ones fit on the back without hitting anything ? if so switch the front and back tires. On my 89 Mustang GT tire size is P225 60 15’s. I can go to P235’s on the rear but not the front using stock rims…The 235’s will rub on the inner fenders when making sharp turns. Only a suggestion to save you some $$$ right now.

I spoke to the guy who fitted them he said that there was a 5 mm difference in height that’s why it’s rubbing and that ill have to pay the difference in trye price which should be 30 or 40 bucks each