Help! Need to identify mystery cord from Ford Focus!

ok so I decided to change my air filter as I had just driven it 1000 miles to my new home in Texas. I don’t believe it’d ever been replaced before and there had been an awful smell coming from the vents… I thought a quick clean out and new filter would be the ticket… Well I’m sure it was however in the process of removing the cover I pulled out a plug coming from it had clips to secure it going up and around the back of the battery. Now on one end of the cord which is RED is labeled T, and flipped over is labeled with the number 6. Following the entire cord to the opposite end there is a plug for an outlet, which is covered with a cap. I feel like a moron since I still HAVE NOT been able to successfully reconnect this mystery cord to wherever the flippin he!! It came from! Thanks for any suggestions or playful jokes!

Maybe that cord has no purpose. Could happen. Seriously sometimes the manufacturer will just make a single wiring harness for all the options available for that make/model, and if the car being built on the ass’y line doesn’t have that option there will be connectors that don’t go anywhere. Is it the engine air filter or the cab air filter you replaced?

That’s the plug for the block heater.

In the north, where the temperatures can get below zero, that plug would be sticking out the grill so the heater can be plugged into an AC outlet.

Since you’re now in Texas, I highly doubt you’ ll need the block heater.

Tester

Looks like a standard 110 volt plug which plugs into a household extension cord - probably for an engine block heater.

I expect OP is referring to the orange/red cord. It’s the one with a “6” on it.

then the OP should be more specific. There are two cords visible.

If its the power cord, anyone from Minnesota would know its for the engine block heater. If its that orange cord who knows? I’m not familiar with Fords but could it be a factory test connection? I’m not clear though on if the OP unplugged the thing while changing the filter. There is usually a wire connected to the air cleaner housing for the air sensor.

Question for @FocusOnGina You seem to be saying that the cable is red on one end and has a household plug (black) on the other end. Are you sure they are both the same cable?

If the cord was attached to something on the back of the battery it was probably a battery blanket, an electric warming pad that surrounds the battery.

No doubt, the black cord is a connector for 110v house current likely for some sort of heat. And the orange cord seems to have never been connected to anything based on the appearence of the connector on the end.

I agree with Red Knox.

BTW @FocusOnGina that filter has no effect on the smell of air from your climate control vents. There may be a cabin air filter on your vehicle that needs replacing.

For an awful smell coming out of the vents I would be looking to replace the cabin air filter not the engine air filter. Other than that I have no clue as to the wire in question.